Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Best Insurance for UW Photographers

Started by ornate_wrasse ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Best Insurance for UW Photographers

3 posts
  1. Hi,

     

    When I used a Nik V, I did not bother to get insurance. But since my new rig (Subal ND70 + Dome Port +GS Viewfinder +Focus Light) costs over $4,000 I think I will opt for insurance. It will be arriving soon and I will be taking it to Coz and Florida within the next two months. Fortunately, my Nik V never flooded (knock on wood), but I want to be covered in case there is a flood using my new housing.

     

    Not sure if the Beginner Forum is the right place to ask this question. Please direct me to the proper place on Wetpixel if the information I am asking is already available.

     

    What insurance do you recommend?

     

    Thanks for the help.

     

    Ellen

  2. Hi,

     

    There's alot of info on insurance in this thread:

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showt...mp;hl=insurance

     

    Personally, I opted for a rider policy with USAA, much cheaper but with the downside that if you make a claim, it can affect other insurance premiums.

     

    Take care,

    John

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.