Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Canadas Westcoast

Started by mexwell ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Canadas Westcoast

4 posts
  1. Hello folks,

     

    I just want to give you a feedback on our Canada trip back in may.

    Some of you might remeber the thread were I asked for advise:

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16607

     

    We stayed for 4 days at dynamike and had a really, really great time!!!

     

    Mike and Darlene were fabulous hosts, diving was incredible and the weather was sunny

    and warm...

     

    During the trip I made my first steps into video. At the enclosed link you will find my first

    ever underwater video of the pristine waters around Quadra Island.

    http://www.belowthesurface.de/media/FlexVideoPlayer.html

     

    I did all the editing in DV because my PC rig is not able to edit HDV. Software was

    Ulead/Corel Video Studio 11. Camera is a Sony HC7. Topdawg UW-Housing with

    Topdawg Light system (2x20W).

     

    Please feel free to comment on my work! I like to learn.... :-)

     

    Thanks again for pointing me to dynamike!!!

     

     

    Best regards

     

     

    Christian

     

     

    PS: Is there any chance to embed a flv (Flash) video?

  2. Christian, I don't think you can embed a Flash video in the forum directly yet. The alternative would be to post it somewhere like Veoh.com and embed that.

     

    Enjoyed the video and you've got some nice marine life there. If you're looking to improve I would say focus on keeping the camera as steady as you can. Aside from that maybe try to make the video a bit pacier either by slightly faster cuts or by being more selective with which shots to include. Attention spans of web viewers are short!

     

    If you're shooting ambient light in water like that again it might be worth experimenting with a green water filter.

     

    The FlexVideoPlayer looks interesting. Are the actual video files hosted on your own site or elsewhere? Also the JPEG at the bottom left of the player does not show up on my system.

  3. I liked the PADI truck :P

     

    Looked like the water was abit cold though, but it was amazing to see what was down there.

  4. Hello everybody!

     

    Thanks for your advise.

     

    Autofocus was always on auto, next time I will use focus lock.

    Lesson lerned!

     

    Also the auto white balance setting on the HC7 produces very greenish

    water. Next trip I will experiemt with the other settings also.

     

    Ah, before I forget: I implemented the jpegs and translated the text to

    english.

     

    BTW there is now a second video online of a nice nightdive at the local lake

    (germany) and the water again was cold ;-)

    Edited by mexwell
Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.