Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

La Paz Trip Video

Started by Dugongberbulu ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

La Paz Trip Video

9 posts
  1. This is the rough cut of our recent trip to La Paz (1st week of August). The water was colder than expected and viz was terrible at the deeper sites, which meant quite a few trips to Los Isoltes and La Reina & Reinitta (for thos familiar with La Paz).

     

     

    But, I'm really very frustrated ( :( )from a video editing perspective:

    1. I couldn't find any Mexican-themed music that I felt fit the tempo of the video (which I would have liked for obvious reasons) <_<

    2. Its about 6 days worth of video, but about only 3 which the viz was good enough to get decent footage... and even then. But, the various subjects are so diverse, its making it difficult for me to cut it into anything I like. Should I cut it into different pieces, or continue to work on 1 piece that would incorporate everything? Opinions most welcome!

    3. I know I need to cut down that 1min segment of the young sea lions playing in the cave (where the lights not great + a lot of particulate), but can't get a handle on which parts to cut out.

     

    But, on a positive note: seeing Orca was AWESOME B) , we saw them on 2 separate occasions. But, as they were juveniles on both occasions, they wouldn't stay in one place long enough to let us get in the water with them. Still a unique (for me) experience.

     

    Anyway, your comments & possible ideas are most welcome !

    Edited by Dugongberbulu
  2. What format is this Dugongerbulu? I see nothing. But then I am using XP x64 which can't handle the Quicktime browser plugin.

     

    Have you a link to the video on another site?

  3. Nick..it's You NO CAN WATCH TUBE :(:wub:

  4. I think there's a few scenes where something gets in the way (camera, fins etc) I would take out. Maybe shorten the sea lions in the cave but most of that footage is great. Were those Orcas or False killers?

  5. Nick: its created using a dixv encoder. Its something someone was saying improves the quality on YouTube... doesn't seem to work that great though.

     

    ce4jesus: those were Orca! Was really cool. Yeah, need to get rid of that shot with the fins.

     

    All: if there's a place thats better for hostnig the video, I'm open to other options... especially if the final product would be clearer

     

    Anyone was any ideas on music?

  6. Just enable Flash, and you'll be able to see the video.

  7. Eric, I think Nick cannot get to you tube as the Thailand government has banned it.

     

    Youtube re encodes the videos you load up.

     

    There has been some posts about other places to load up clips. Do a search if you like in this video foum section or maybe someone else has the post links.

     

    Orca was nice and the cool fish in the hole.

    Edited by wagsy
  8. Nick..it's You NO CAN WATCH TUBE :(:wub:

    Oh no! I've been done again by those apostles of free speech, the Thai government.

     

    Dugongerbulu, just about anywhere is better quality than YouTube. Try Veoh.com, Revver.com or Brightcove.com I think Eric has enabled embedding from Veoh on here so that might be worth a try.

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.