Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Rendering question

Started by CamDiver ·

  • 33Posts
  • 33Replies

Read-only discussion

Rendering question

33 posts
  1. Mark,

    You have iChat don't you? We could communicate there as well. My address there is stevewft.aim Just email me when you want to go on and I will if I am at the computer.

    Steve B)

    Edited by steve
  2. Followed instructions to the T and now back to the white screen and this......

     

    I have an AIC50i Timeline as this is the only clip I have on the hard drive at the moment. Import the clip, AIC50i, to the time line.

     

    Export>QuickTime Movie>HDV50i>Video Only>Make Movie Self Contained

     

    Then set destination and OK.

     

    render takes about 4 minutes for a 29 second clip. Master clip is 147MB whereas the 'rendered' 29 second white screen is 87MB but I guess thats due to the compression of the clip to meet HDV50i parameters.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

  3. What version of QT are you using? The latest is 7.2.0 but I don't know if this is a problem for FC 5 now that FC 6 has been out. I don't seem to be helping you much so I strongly suggest that you go to

    www.kenstone.net and click on the discussion group. Post the problem saying everything that you have, are using, what you have done...the whole bit....there is no better place to post FCP issues than here and you should have an answer often within the hour.

    Steve B)

     

    ps. Another excellent place to post problems is the www.lafcpug.org site. You need to register but that's easy. Both sites have a ton of real professionals who should be able to assist. Keep us informed.

    Edited by steve
  4. Mark,

    Haven't heard from you.....have you fixed the problems?

    Steve B)

  5. Mark

    I knew you had FCP 5 in your system. Simple fix. Reinstall FCP and update. Should put the codec it needs.

    FCP 5.0.4 is NOT UB so it'll be slower on your MBP. I suggest you pay for the mini-upgrade to 5.1.4 which will help in rendering speed and Intel stability.

  6. Guys,

    Not fixed but welcome sincerely the information and posts. I will be taking the MBP to the store I bought it in the UK to go upgrade etc to FCS2 and take it from there. Blitzed with work so thanks all.

     

    Catch you soon.

    Mark.

  7. Hey gang - it's been a while but I'm nearly free again! Long story, will post it elsewhere.....

     

    For Steve's perusal - you should be well up on this as it was through your review that I developed the headache........ :) When I was using Instant HD, I used a workflow whereby I was converting SD PAL 756i into progressive format..... using Animation with million+ settings.... clips looked good everywhere until bringing them back into FCP where they went totally and royally arse-up.....

     

    Eventually got some advice to change the Animation setting down to million..... lo and behold it worked!

     

    Strange but true.... maybe I should send it into Ripley's(?) :D

     

    TaDa for now!

     

    Chris

    Edited by WaterWorks
  8. Gee Chris, sorry my review caused problems for you. Instant HD always worked just fine for me though I have zero experience working in PAL. I haven't needed to use it in a year however.

    Steve B)

  9. Hey Stevie....

     

    no worries mate! :)

     

    never meant to have a direct poke at you, merely highlighting that it was through your very informative and detailed reviews on here - and on Kenstone's site - that I found out about Instant HD......

     

    it was really odd when it happened and I was never truly bothered to work out why - ever since, though, I've never seen any other problems with Animation and millions+ but I am always weary nowadays whenever a file seems corrupt to check out if the codec messed with it... so far it hasn't - it was just on that one job....

     

    Anyhows, thanks a million for bringing such a wonderful plugin to our attention - it truly saved my bacon on the Minahasa Lagoon gig last year......

     

    Cheers for now

     

    Chris

  10. Hey Chris,

    The only time you really need to have something set to million + is when you are creating something with an alpha channel. Other than that, million is just fine. With Instant HD one needs to remember to deinterlace first as well.

    Steve B)

  11. Hey Chris,

    The only time you really need to have something set to million + is when you are creating something with an alpha channel. Other than that, million is just fine. With Instant HD one needs to remember to deinterlace first as well.

    Steve B)

     

    yep - well aware of all that.................. now ;);):):(

     

    you shoulda seen the workflow! got hold of nearly 100 clips and asked (kindly!) compressor to batch process through them all (turning them into the pre-requisite progressive format).....

     

    2 and a half days it churned away for!!!! but all great in the end - can't see myself wanting to get too embroiled in the upconverting malarky - I'll leave that to the big boys with their modern-day equivalent of a Cray supercomputer.......

  12. Watch out for Leopard, people are reporting Compressor problems after Leopard has been installed. I haven't done it yet but will be watching for it once I do.

    Steve

  13. I always wait for a major new upgrade to have at least one update before i buy it.... (they're generally pretty buggy on first release).....

    Edited by WaterWorks
Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.