Guess where we have been!!!!
Post a vid once it's cut up.....hint...BLUE WATER... ![]()

Gee I'm abit behind in reading the new posts I see...
Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic
Started by wagsy ·
Read-only discussion
Guess where we have been!!!!
Post a vid once it's cut up.....hint...BLUE WATER... ![]()

Gee I'm abit behind in reading the new posts I see...
I´m so used to seeing Green Water shots from you mate! What´s it like finally diving in clear blue water?? Good stuff, keep it comin´
Mark.
Far too blue mate! You need to learn how to MWB properly ![]()
That one was a still.
Still editing the video but look here is a frame grab of Nemo. ![]()

And MWB @ 25-30 meters with then Phenom as shot.....look you can see divers in the distance and watch their bubbles go all the way to the surface.

Hey Wags,
Pretty amazing when you get into that whole ´Visibility´thing eh?
Lookin´good.
Best,
Mark.
I reckon that you have travelled east to the other side of this island.....
Wish it was that blue down here in Sydney, actually make it that warm as well!!!!
Thank god I'm off to PNG in a week or so....
You got a MWB with the FX1 at 25-30m? Really? I don't think I've ever managed one with the Z1 deeper than 23m anywhere. And without the UR-Pro flipped in, 8-9m is really the limit.
So is this move permanent now Wags or just a reckie?
Hey Blue Water Boy,
Glad you had a good time - the weather must have settled for you.
Got time for a mid morning Wednesday ?
I had 14oc and 3-4M of viz because of an algae bloom making everything rich pea green...And my footage at 22M had more grain than the US stock pile...
So kiss my pretty, pert ass... ![]()
Dive safe
DeanB
Jonny you are correct (TAKA).....PNG let us know how you go up there.
Nick it does have a hard time WBing at that depth. Okay I came up abit and pointed it at the sun so it looked over red and went down deeper.
All I can say is if anyone tells you that Ningaloo has water like this......they are dreaming ![]()
Yes we had a few dirty dives to remind me of what I was not missing.
Peter...It was cloudy for most part but came good on the last day.....but still a cool trip.
Wednesday, I think Kelly is off to Melbourne...I'll see what time her flight is so could work out.
Dean...what you had it like this..... ![]()
As shot... 1 meg....overcast/dirty day..
Here is a small Flash clip we cut up of the trip.
Looking forward to doing to a sunny/ cloudless trip if we do it again.
Came sunny as we got back to Cairns. ![]()
Underwater shot with the Phenom and FX1 and had a set of Darkbusters on for the night dive.
Used the 16.9 high res monitor on the Phenom for 1 dive.....found it works much better without it as looking into that LCD ontop is wonderful and lets you shoot one handed hanging onto the central grab handle and looking into the camera's LCD. It did not miss a beat.
http://www.hdvunderwater.com/taka.html
Lost about 20 mins of uptop footage due to A1 camera fogging up (Air Con) and damaging the tape/head even though it was still recording. Kept it in it's metal sony camera box after that and carried it outside to get around the fogging issues.
Nice little promo Wags, and nice boat! Did you get a sweetie on your pillow every night?
Nah !!! i prefere a mans viz..Less than 10Metres... :glare:
Seriously, Looks amazing... ![]()
Like the choice in music for the promo, I thought I was pushing my trolley around the supermarket
weirdly fitting though...Ding dong.."could Mr burman please come back to the check-out, you forgot you industrial lubricant"
Good times ![]()
Dive safe
DeanB
No Sweets just Kelly. ![]()
It's a pretty big comfy boat....food was great.
Very easy to dive from.


Large broadband FLASH clip up now.
Where's yer external monitor gone?
Nice vid Wags - looks like the water clarity was awesome. However as I was watching it I kept getting distracted by some numbers that kept popping into my head over and over again. 12-10. Any idea what they mean?? ![]()
Cheers, Simon
Simon thats because thats the best depth to film all the nice stuff with the natural light and URPRO filter on and where most life is anyhow. We hit 25 meters most dives and at those deeps you really need lights even in clear water.
Nick I took the monitor off as you don't really need it on the Phenom the way I like to shoot as you have that cool LCD to look into and it just creates more drag and is harder to get out with. I want to make a bracket so it sits over the hydrophone area as well as where it goes now is to close to me.

Wags sorry mate I think I was a bit too criptic for you! England 12- Australia 10. Make sense now?? ![]()
Cheers, Simon
Ha ha...Cricket...sorry...not into the cricket, nor the footy, nor soccer....boring.....
I am amazed though how people just start talking to you about cricket or footy as if everyone follows it. ![]()
Impressive sidestep but we know you're hurting deep inside.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.