Being VERY new to photography, and COMPLETELY CLUELESS to today's innovations, designs, and potentials, I need help.
Here's my quiry. I've been diving for decades, but never got into the UW photo end of it. Now I want to. I have money, that's not an issue. Issue is I have no experience with photography both topside and unerwater. What I've been thinking of doing is OBVIOUSLY learning, but purchasing the Nikon D100 camera and some lens' and the Titan D100 housing for it with strobes to be added, etc. Now, don't flame me just yet.
The way I figure, why spend $500 (or around there) for something I learn on and then realize it's inferior when I start getting more into it. Then that 'toy' is then useless. Learning 'seems' easier on video, but I get bored by video, you watch it once, the you yawn later. Put a picture on the wall though and you smile every time you walk past it. I like the idea of digital. Have seen a million people (not exact count) with film cameras, Nikonos, housed, etc, etc, etc and think GREAT stuff...but millions of dollars in film and processing, and mistakes that can't be corrected until you see the processing later....whatever, not my desire.
So I figure to purchase slightly higher end cameras with digital technology and I might improve the learning curve more quickly. AM I WRONG? STUPID IN THINKING THIS WAY?
Why?
Any serious photography suggestions from people who know what they are talking about on cameras, housings, or where I should be starting would be greatly appreciated!! I don't mind spending $6000+ for a system if I do it right.
(Should I wait longer for more megapixels? Friends of mine use Fuji Velvia on their trips and I have yet to see any digital out there that comes close in crisp images and texture...sometimes digital seems so "flat"...speed technology for us all, please!)