Skip to content

Conservation and the Environment / Archived topic

Paul Watson reportedly shot in chest by Japanese Coast Guard

Started by echeng ·

  • 63Posts
  • 63Replies

Read-only discussion

Paul Watson reportedly shot in chest by Japanese Coast Guard

63 posts
  1. Well Whale Wars is out and being broadcast on Animal Planet in the US. For those who can't watch it (get slingbox people :))

    here is an episode guide:

    http://animal.discovery.com/tv/whale-wars/episode/

    This is of course Animal Planet's interpretation (afterall editing if done cleverly can make the queen lose her temper) but the clips do show what has been thought of Paul Watson's tactical media feeding antics. Can't wait for the gunshot episode :monkey:

  2. That's great, thanks Drew. I went and saw Paul Watson talk last week, and he mentioned this series. We won't get it till next year here though.

     

    The Sea Shepherd leaves next month from Brisbane for the Antarctic, let's hope everything goes well for them. Whereas Greenpeace have decided not to go down to the Antarctic this Summer (even thoguh they've been collecting donations for it all year).

  3. Well, since 2 of GP's members are on trial in Japan for exposing the whaling scam, I can't think of a better way to get better Japanese exposure than in the Japanese press without the nationalistic jargon. These are 2 japanese men on trial. The stakes are much higher than sending a fleet of protesters in the Antarctic. Win the legal argument in Japan and the program will be weakened. Confront the fleet with force and you raise nationalistic tendencies. I know which organization I support this winter. I also know which one is much less carbon emissive. :)

    One of our own is on the boat this time as well so I also hope nothing happens. But seeing how the Esperanza gave the S.Irwin the fleet's location this year, it'll be interesting to see what happens on that end.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.