Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Stupid Mac question

Started by scorpio_fish ·

  • 25Posts
  • 25Replies

Read-only discussion

Stupid Mac question

25 posts
  1. apple + Q will quit the program that is running in front, the name of the program is next to the apple in top right.

     

    apple + tab (+tab, tab etc) will allow you to move through the icons for each of the programs you have open.

     

    Thanks for the tip! I just learned something new today :)

     

    ... and when you're tabbing through apps, you can (with Command held down), hit CMD-Q on the currently selected app to quit it without giving it focus.

     

    Again, thanks for the tip!

     

    I had a real problem with the never-ending beachballs when in ViewNX. I clicked on "Open in CaptureNX" on the top menu bar and the beach ball kept spinning for several minutes. . I finally had to use Force Quit and thankfully the never-ending beachball finally disappeared.

     

    Finally, I discovered something quite accidentally a few weeks ago. I had become very annoyed at how the Delete button operates on a Mac. When I click on fn (I think it stands for function) at the lower left hand side of the keyboard and Delete at the same time, it operates like the Delete key in Windows. After that I was a very happy camper :)

     

    It's amazing how the little stuff that you think wouldn't bother you can make such a difference!

     

    Ellen

  2. Oh I agree Ellen. Not knowing how to make the delete key work like the delete in Windows drove me bonkers!! And trust me, it's a very short drive. LOL

  3. What is this second button??

  4. pc to mac...that's not confusing... real confusion is going the other way! :)

  5. One button, two buttons! HA! I won't buy a mouse that doesn't have at least 5 buttons (Fwd, Back and at least one programable one in addition to the regular two). :)

     

     

    But I have to say, the macbooks do look SSSSOOOOOO much secksier than my Toshiba or just about any other notebook out there.

    Edited by randini
Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.