Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Really Cheap Optical Cables

Started by Neopreneninja ·

  • 22Posts
  • 22Replies

Read-only discussion

Really Cheap Optical Cables

22 posts
  1. Inon caps are I think about $6 from divervision

    Bill

    Good call!

     

    It's a shame shipping on that order is $15!

     

    The caps are $12 at Reef Photo, IIRC. I might just pick one up there at some point, next time I place an order, so that I have one around, and then I'll play with making a spare fiber cable.

  2. Hi All!

    Great stuff posted here...

    I've used my audio cabels for a Ike EV-controller "fix" (including duck tape).

    As I had some miss fireing problems while shooting at dusk...due to reflections activating my EV's.

    This set up is working Great! haven't had one miss fire since!

    blacked off the two EV's with Duck Tape and placed the Optical cable over the sensors then Duck Taped the other endes of the cabels over the flash!!!

    Have fun

    :)

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.