Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

What is the pay rate 4 UW video work?

Started by fldivenut ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

What is the pay rate 4 UW video work?

6 posts
  1. I just got asked to do some UW video work, just shooting and deliver the raw MPEG files, no final editing. It will take about half a day.

    What is a normal pay for such a job? I know what the time would be worth if I did something for half a day as a consultant but I don't want to either give it away nor rip the guy off.

     

    While I'm at it, what is the going rate for editing work? (Just in case the guy comes back and want it edited too.)

     

    Thanks in advance.

    --Anders

  2. Well it all depends on what's it for, what equipment you use and how good you are.

     

    If you have a HDCAM in a housing you can charge $1500+ per day.

    If you use a little single chip HDV setup in a basic housing then only a couple hundred dollars.

  3. Take a look at this thread.

     

    You won't find many rates published on the net as people tend to tune their prices according to the type of customer but my standard rates are here.

  4. Nicks examples seem about right to me if you need a second opinion.

  5. I'll do it cheaper.... :):)

     

    Joking !!!! before you all start getting the hump.

     

    Dive safe

     

    Dean(reassuringly expensive)B

  6. It's funny I have a job on at the moment which is shooting doctors administering BOTOX to women, and I am getting bloody great money for it, it's ongoing too which is fantastic.

     

    Underwater stuff which has harder, weather dependent, involves a shitload of gear is so much harder to get consistent well paid work.

    I think the industry that you are pitching too makes a huge difference.

    Big corporation have no issues with dealing in big numbers... in fact I reckon if you are too cheap it puts them off.

    Small dive companies which are struggling to keep there head above water in winter, if you say 5K they say NO WAY! (hey that rhymes a little maybe I should add poetry to my skill set)

     

    Big dive companies see the value and spend the dollars and end up with a professional job and do even better..

     

    Sorry I am rambling, what I am trying to say is that I always tailor a quote to the company, do a little research, get a decent brief from the client and in your quote break it down so that they see why it costs so much.

     

    Jon

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.