Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Could you guys please try this for me?

Started by Nick Hope ·

  • 32Posts
  • 32Replies

Read-only discussion

Could you guys please try this for me?

32 posts
  1. EDIUS just uses QT PRO 7.1. just like it uses FLASH encoder and others etc.

    Oh I see. Just had a look at my standalone Quicktime Pro and the H.264 stuff is greyed out. Starting to wish I was just using a simple encoder after all the geekdom I've been through with this x264 stuff :P

     

    How did you use FLASH to view that H.264 file?

    I embedded it with JW FLV Media Player. You need a licence to use it on a commercial site.

     

    Flash Player supports H.264 mp4 with AAC audio from version 9.0.115.0. See the source code of this test page for some javascript that does version checking and express installing of the updated Flash Player. You'll need SWFObject 2.0 to get it working.

  2. Looks great on ya test page.

    JW player is a good one for sure..has a good menu system as well.

     

    I just changed the extension on that mp4 clip I made to flv and then Dreamweaver took it straight in like a normal flv file. Pick the player I wanted and away it went.

     

    http://www.hdvunderwater.com/flash9.html

  3. Results with Premier Pro CS3:

     

    1. Modified DVXA-SD-HQ profile. High AVC profile. 3 B-frames. No B-pyramid

     

    Import failed

     

    2. CE-Quicktime profile with no audio

     

    Import failed

     

    3. CE-Quicktime profile with Nero audio (posted because including the audio breaks Vegas support for the video some reason)

     

    Loaded up just fine

     

    4. CE-Quicktime profile with no audio and with B-frames reduced to 0 (posted to see if Edius etc. will accept it)

     

    Import failed

     

    Error when fails: Unsupported Format or Damaged File

    Edited by jeremypayne
  4. Lots of code in that page to get it embedded! Wags if you're going to actually do H.264 in Flash then you'll want to change this line

     

    <body onload="MM_CheckFlashVersion('7,0,0,0','Content on this page requires a newer version of Macromedia Flash Player. Do you want to download it now?');">

     

    to this line

     

    <body onload="MM_CheckFlashVersion('9,0,115,0','Content on this page requires a newer version of Macromedia Flash Player. Do you want to download it now?');">

     

    because the player needs to be 9.0.115.0 or higher to play H.264

  5. Jeremy... shame on you! share with the group..

    Gladly ... next time anybody is in NYC the drinks are on me at Dive 75 ('dive' bar in my 'hood).

     

    ... And if I can only figure out how to get my sorry ass half way around the world where you live and the REAL diving is, I'll happily buy a few rounds then/there too!

  6. Thanks Jeremy. So including the audio allows it to open in Premiere. Which is exactly the opposite of Vegas! And Edius won't open any of my x264 files. What a mess. For stock footage previews I think I'll just make sure they open in Quicktime and stick with that, seeing as most computers in the world that open mp4 will probably open them in Quicktime.

  7. Thanks Jeremy. So including the audio allows it to open in Premiere. Which is exactly the opposite of Vegas! And Edius won't open any of my x264 files. What a mess. For stock footage previews I think I'll just make sure they open in Quicktime and stick with that, seeing as most computers in the world that open mp4 will probably open them in Quicktime.

    Very strange.

  8. From what I can see, Vegas has 2 different decoders for H.264. A Quicktime one and a MainConcept one. If the audio is included it uses the Quicktime one. If the audio is not included it uses, or attempts to use, the MainConcept one.

     

    If you create an H.264 file in Premiere Pro, whose encoder does it use?

  9. From what I can see, Vegas has 2 different decoders for H.264. A Quicktime one and a MainConcept one. If the audio is included it uses the Quicktime one. If the audio is not included it uses, or attempts to use, the MainConcept one.

     

    If you create an H.264 file in Premiere Pro, whose encoder does it use?

    MainConcept is the only option in Premiere Pro when publishing an H.264 file.

  10. Thanks Jeremy. The current MainConcept encoder which is up to version 7.6 or even later is supposed to be the best H.264 encoder of the lot, according to this comparison. I'm told one of the products that contains a recent MainConcept H.264 encoder is Elecard Converter Studio. Unfortunately the one in Vegas is only version 2.0.1889.0. from 2006.

     

    Could you do us a huge favour and do a search on your C:/ drive for mch264vout.dll (within the Adobe stuff), right click it, choose properties then version and tell me what file version it is and the date if it's shown. If it's recent I might try and do some H.264 files in Premiere Pro.

  11. Thanks Jeremy. The current MainConcept encoder which is up to version 7.6 or even later is supposed to be the best H.264 encoder of the lot, according to this comparison. I'm told one of the products that contains a recent MainConcept H.264 encoder is Elecard Converter Studio. Unfortunately the one in Vegas is only version 2.0.1889.0. from 2006.

     

    Could you do us a huge favour and do a search on your C:/ drive for mch264vout.dll (within the Adobe stuff), right click it, choose properties then version and tell me what file version it is and the date if it's shown. If it's recent I might try and do some H.264 files in Premiere Pro.

    Not a problem ...

     

    2.15766 ... date stamped with a 2006 copyright.

  12. Cheers Jeremy. Not that much more recent than the Vegas one then.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.