Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Latest OSX on a G4

Started by wagsy ·

  • 25Posts
  • 25Replies

Read-only discussion

Latest OSX on a G4

25 posts
  1. Cool...and thanks for trying

    Does it run smoothly?

     

    It's abit clunky on this old G4 we have here.

     

     

    Fairly okay, also loaded onto my Octo 2.8Ghz Intel 10.5.2, smooth as silk....

  2. Excellent....

    Well at least now I know I'm heading in the right direction.

    This one here is a huge 867mhz CPU hence why it's clunky with 10.3.9

     

    I'm surprised though as it networks to XP really well and I can even move files back and forth.

  3. Excellent....

    Well at least now I know I'm heading in the right direction.

    This one here is a huge 867mhz CPU hence why it's clunky with 10.3.9

     

    I'm surprised though as it networks to XP really well and I can even move files back and forth.

     

     

    One more for you. MacBook Pro 17", Dual 2.16 Intel 10.4.11. Very smooth.

    Edited by TheRealDrew
  4. Yup, works great on 10.5.2 on an iMac. Love those Macs. :)

    I presume I'm only supposed to see the intro screen, no actual content.

    Edited by loftus
  5. Cool....

     

    Yes Loftus it's just a tiny intro there.

    I just want to make sure that the programs do what they suppose to do before I buy them.

    ZINC works but not straight out of the box...you have to do quite abit of tinkering in the code to make the program embedded inside it run.

     

    I agree too..the MAC is simple to use although more fidley to navigate ones way around. I think with the work I do it would really slow me down. I have lots of windows/programs open and jump from one program to another. For example I can drop all the windows/programs that are open to the taskbar clearing the desktop without taking my hand off the mouse with one quick click to launch something else full screen. When you open things on the MAC they do not go full screen so you have to mess around moving/resizing them. Single mouse click is a pain in the butt but I know you can get others with a second button and wheel. Much more range of different programs for the PC as well and you don't get ripped off as much for stuff. I can build a super PC for a fraction of the cost even with a 30 inch LCD screen, esata, raid, super graphics and just for fun over clock it to make it run even faster.

     

    But as they say...different strokes for different blokes..... :)

    Edited by wagsy
Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.