Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Question for PC to Mac switchers +

Started by scorpio_fish ·

  • 29Posts
  • 29Replies

Read-only discussion

Question for PC to Mac switchers +

29 posts
  1. Well well well....looky here......OSX Leopard running on the old 3 GIG HT PC :D

    Looks like running a MAC has got a whole lot cheaper....... ;)

     

    post-4240-1212843107_thumb.jpg

  2. Thats a HT PC? My condolances :D

  3. The only thing I regret about my recent switch to Apple is that I should have done that years earlier. I don't miss anyting from my Windows past.

  4. Well well well....looky here......OSX Leopard running on the old 3 GIG HT PC ;)

    Looks like running a MAC has got a whole lot cheaper....... :)

     

    post-4240-1212843107_thumb.jpg

     

     

    Looks like a Photoshop job to me :D

     

    You do like tinkering... which apps are you running on it?

  5. Well well well....looky here......OSX Leopard running on the old 3 GIG HT PC :D

    Looks like running a MAC has got a whole lot cheaper....... ;)

     

    post-4240-1212843107_thumb.jpg

    That breaks my heart like seeing a hot 20 year old on an eighty year old's arm, what a waste. :)

  6. That breaks my heart like seeing a hot 20 year old on an eighty year old's arm, what a waste. ;)

     

     

    It is worse, at least with the 80 year old it gives us hope (well at least for me) :D

  7. It sure is the real thing.

     

    I downloaded Lightroom and and it runs fine with 460 megs of RAWs.

    Next is Photoshop.

     

    This is like a 2.5 year old $900 computer :D

    It's running a old Intel® Pentium® 4 3Ghz Hyper-Threading CPU

    It networks to my main XP system and I can move files between the two.

     

    Wonder how it would go If I loaded it up onto my 3.2 Ghz QUAD PC ;)

     

    I mainly did it so I could test out multi platform programs I'm working on.

     

    osx2.jpg

    Edited by wagsy
  8. Pretty cool, but wow, that must be the ugliest HT PC ever :D

  9. Yes it not the prettiest thing around but it mainly gets used to test things on.

     

    Well I could pay $100 AUD and buy a real fancy case and another $650 for a 28inch 1920x1200 3ms LCD screen :D

    Edited by wagsy
AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.