Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Flickr SuperStars

Started by Cal ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Flickr SuperStars

9 posts
  1. Hey Wetpixalator dudes

     

    With the growing popularity of photo sharing websites like Flickr, Its getting easier and easier to display your photos to the world.

     

    Traditionally, Only photographers with their own website could publish their photos on the net. This meant that there was quite a gap between amateurs and professionals as an amateur simply wouldnt be able to justify maintaining a website with a gallery.

     

    Now with sites like flickr, photobucket etc the net has been bombarded with amatuer/semi professional photo galleries.

     

    So heres the question:

     

    What Flickr superstars have you stumbled upon? Photographers who might be new/unknown but who's photos just rocked your jocks.

     

    For me, I found this guy/girl a while ago and think that there shots are brilliant.

     

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/vazuw/page6/

     

    and this guy rocks as well

     

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pelagicdrifter/

     

    So does any one have any other "flickr superstars" to add to the list?

     

    Cal

  2. Hey Cal, good idea. I have a bunch of great contacts that I check for new stuff daily. The folks who consistently provide feedback are a great help too. The thing that surprised me about Flickr was the type of images that get the most love. Most of my favorites nobody even looks at and some of the images that I thought were marginal get all kinds of attention. Says something about my taste I guess. :D . I hesitate to list the superstars here because I'd for sure leave somebody out. The level of amateur shooters now is amazing. I will give you a don't miss list of ten folks you should checkout in addition to the ones you mentioned. They are not only producing some great images, they also like to look around and will comment when something really nice gets posted. Start with these, there is a lot more; in no particular order;

     

    JennyHuang

     

    Edpdiver

     

    JacksonWong

     

    Critter71

     

    BrianMayes

     

    Ken Bondy

     

    Pats0n

     

    Cronostfe

     

    Fujibob

     

    Autopsea

     

    Have fun,

     

    Steve

  3. p.s. My girlfriend changed the flickr settings on my computer to Italian - and now I can't change them back - makes navigating a real pain. How do I change it back - if I ask her - instant death.

    The obvious way is to learn Italian, that way maybe you could also understand what she talking :D

     

    In the bottom of the page there are few languages you can select from.

  4. Wow thanks cal for listing me. As you know I admire your work and frequently check your site. Im still trying to finish the people shots from my grandcanyon trip. Damm work always in the way

  5. Hey Cal, good idea. I have a bunch of great contacts that I check for new stuff daily. The folks who consistently provide feedback are a great help too. The thing that surprised me about Flickr was the type of images that get the most love. Most of my favorites nobody even looks at and some of the images that I thought were marginal get all kinds of attention. Says something about my taste I guess. :) . I hesitate to list the superstars here because I'd for sure leave somebody out. The level of amateur shooters now is amazing. I will give you a don't miss list of ten folks you should checkout in addition to the ones you mentioned. They are not only producing some great images, they also like to look around and will comment when something really nice gets posted. Start with these, there is a lot more; in no particular order;

     

    JennyHuang

     

    Edpdiver

     

    JacksonWong

     

    Critter71

     

    BrianMayes

     

    Ken Bondy

     

    Pats0n

     

    Cronostfe

     

    Fujibob

     

    Autopsea

     

    Have fun,

     

    Steve

     

     

    Steve, you forgot about Jaw's Dad ! :blush:;) !

  6. p.s. My girlfriend changed the flickr settings on my computer to Italian - and now I can't change them back - makes navigating a real pain. How do I change it back - if I ask her - instant death.

     

    At the very bottom of every page there is a little strip with all the different languages ... click *English*

     

    :)

     

    I clipped a screenshot for reference ...

     

    post-14536-1216252271_thumb.jpg

  7. This guy is pretty good too ... was just looking at his site today ...

     

    Sven De Vos

  8. "Wow thanks cal for listing me"

     

    No worries!

     

    you deserve it

     

    Cal

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.