Rubber bands.
Extra synch socket.
Extra hot shoe.
OK Dave I'll bite, What do you use the rubber bands for? Why the extra hot shoe? Do you mean the hot shoe connector from the housing?
Dumb but trying to learn, Steve
Read-only discussion
Rubber bands.
Extra synch socket.
Extra hot shoe.
OK Dave I'll bite, What do you use the rubber bands for? Why the extra hot shoe? Do you mean the hot shoe connector from the housing?
Dumb but trying to learn, Steve
I find that rubber bands don't work very well for long in seawater. They disintegrate pretty quickly. I find that the elastic thingies women use to tie their hair back work better. Of course, it depends on what you're trying to use them for . . .
WD40 (Pen-type)....
Rubber bands are good for holding things together when clamps, clips, etc. are busted or don't work. You have to carry a bag of them as they do go bad after awhile. Just find them useful along with zip ties and duct tape.
I use something like these instead of rubber bands. They hold quite well (use them to fix my strobe sync cables to the arms), are reusable, and don't seem to deteriorate in sea water and sunlight the way rubber bands would. They don't take cutting off like zip-ties do.
I didn't buy from the link below; found a roll of like 100 or something at my local big-box hardware store for like $4 or something, and haven't bought more since.
SUPERGLUE!
I just returned from a trip to Lembeh and Bunaken. Two controls in my housing broke - one in Bunaken and one in Lembeh. I was lucky that in both placed people had superglue with them. Both controls could be fixed easily with it.
So no more trips without it ![]()
Kim
SUPERGLUE!Kim
Superglue has saved me too.. however, now when I pack it, I pack it in a very small plastic box or other small rigid container. Prior to doing this, on one trip, my little tube accidentially got punctured during transit by a small screwdriver.. and I had a dried superglue mess all inside my spares kit.
I also include numerous "zip ties" "tie wraps" whatever you call them. They have been handy too.
Don't forget the spare batteries to the Leakage Detector and the TTL Converter if you have those extras.
The battery of my TTL Converter ran empty last weekend. Luckily enough I have the same size for the Leakage detector.
/Erik
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.