If you want a good Marine Biology textbook get "Marine Biology" by Nybakken it is pretty much the standard marine biology textbook. It is pretty easy to understand and covers off nearly all marine environments.
- 25Posts
- 25Replies
Read-only discussion
Books worth taking on a dive trip?
-
-
In the Heart of the Amazon by Nick Gordon... I'd recommend this to anyone its an amazing book... A excellent and often humorous account of top class filmmaker Nicks ten years spent in the Amazonian rain forest... Tinged with sadness as Nick passed away a few years ago... But the book is a classic in my simple, honest opinion... And a good read for Wildlife filmmakers or anyone interested in the amazon..
Dive safe
Dean( RIP Nick Gordon)B
-
Stars Beneath the Sea By Tervor Norton.
A must for any diver to understand the history of our passion - and so well written too. Can't recommend it enough.
-
If you haven't already read it, Neil Shubin's "Your Inner Fish," "Relics of Eden" or anything you haven't already read by David Quammen.
Glo
-
I can't really offer any suggestions for the non fiction side, most of what I would recommend has already been suggested. You said you liked Weber, so I'm guessing you like hard science fiction, do you read any fantasy as well? Like Robert Jordan, his wheel of time saga was pretty good for the most part, unfortunately he passed away before he finished the last book. Another author named Patrick Rothfuss wrote a great novel (at least in my mind) called The Name of the Wind or Stephen Eriksons Malazan book of the Fallen series is another good set of books to read. Especially if you'll be gone for a month. I'll have to go through my books to pick out the good science fiction that I have laying around my house.