Hey Gang,
I have the Ikelite housing for the Canon 40D and thought it should work fine for the Canon 50D, right? Everything that I heard says that the 50D is mechanically the same as the 40D, which make you think the UW housing should be the same. I called Ikelite today and asked them to respond to this question, and their first reaction was, "We are doing a completely new housing for the 50D"... I about dropped a load when I heard that! heh... My follow up was, "can you please tell me why you would make a new body for the same mechanical features?"... They put me on hold for 5 min and then came back with, "We can't answer any questions yet as we are still evaluating the 50D"...
Has anyone looked into this issue, or possibly tried a 50D in their 40D housings? Everything I understand about the 50D is that it is mechanically identical to the 40D. However, there are some slight function changes to the feature buttons, etc... But the remapped features don't impact the housing buttons that contact the body...
Any feedback?
Cheers
Derek...