Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

copyright

Started by puffer ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

copyright

6 posts
  1. Hi All

     

    How can I get the copyright logo watermark on all my pics. Where do i have to go to get i,t I know that there are many programs that can do it which one would be good. I use photoshop to crop my pics but they dont have anything. There is a digi Id but looks like a bit of a headache.

     

    Any info would be good.

    Edited by puffer
  2. Hi All

     

    How can I get the copyright logo watermark on all my pics. Where do i have to go to get i,t I know that there are many programs that can do it which one would be good. I use photoshop to crop my pics but they dont have anything. There is a digi Id but looks like a bit of a headache.

     

    Any info would be good.

    If you are using a MAC, Ben Long has posted automator actions which can easily accomplish a whole series of actions, including adding watermarks or graphic watermarks. Here is the link:

     

    Ben Long Complete digital photography

     

    If you want a graphic watermark, whether in windows or Mac using photoshop, you can try the following.

     

    1: create a blank document similar in size to your photograph fresh out of the camera (if your camera size outputs 9" X 12", make your blank document that size. Also, make sure that the bit depth and resolution are the same as your images. Choose transparent for background

    2: Find a copyright symbol in your font library and paste it into your document at a large size (130-240)

    3: bevel the edges to taste, color, add shadows or whatever you want

    4: add type for your name, wrapping it around the symbol if you want (Try to keep it clean)

    5: add type for the year (I have found inside the symbol keeps it clean)

    6: DO NOT flatten the document

    (as you will be doing this in layers, it is easy to go back into the document and change the year or any other info as long as you don't flatten the document)

    7: save the document with a name like "Copyright symbol" or something else obvious to you.

    8: Open an image which you want to add a graphic watermark.

    9: Open the copyright document you made earlier and drag it on top of the image. This will create a second layer.

    10: Adjust opacity to taste. Since your Copyright doc has a transparent background, only the symbol & type will show.

    11: Once the copyright symbol is where you want it and at an opacity which you like (so it is present, but doesn't interfere with viewing the image too much), flatten the document and save it.

    There are other ways to do this, but this is probably the most straightforward. You can make the copyright doc a smart object for better manipulation, etc. You can then create batch actions to add the watermark to batches of photographs.

    I hope this helps.

    Edited by MatthewAddison
  3. Thanks guys for the help I will check both of those out.

  4. Easy option if you are already in PS is just to add a text box, not as fancy as a translucent effect but takes about 0.5 seconds.

    Just make sure that you flatten layers or export to JPG but you'll probably be doing this anyway.

  5. I don't have Photoshop :P

     

    I am a Mac user, and just use Aperture. Any recommendation as to software to create a watermark ?

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.