When buying Lexar 32X WA cards make sure you get new dealer stock. The first ones released are likely to give error messages, "CHA" as I recall. I bought a new 1GB 32X card to go with me to Africa recently, and on two occasions I got had corrupt card situations and had to use their image rescue software and Jumpshot to save the files.
I quit using that card for the rest of the trip, and called Lexar tech support when I got home. They asked for the serial number engraved in the card, and when I told them the number they had no problem admitting having had an issue with that run of cards. They gave me a Fed Ex # and return authorization.
So, no problem with Lexar customer support, but sitting in a Land Rover in Botswana photographing a leopard cub is the wrong time to discover a problem with your Compact Flash card.
BTW ... this had been extensively discussed on www.robgalbraith.com, but in regards to the 2GB cards so I thought I'd be safe with the 1GB. But the issue appears to be "write acceleration" rather than capacity.
It is fixed in new cards, so just make sure they came from Lexar after July 2003.
Steve