Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

10Bar LX3 Housing

Started by Aqua_soul ·

  • 92Posts
  • 92Replies

Read-only discussion

10Bar LX3 Housing

92 posts
  1. LERF, thanks for all the work on showing us the housing.

     

    Since you are able to play with it I have a couple of questions. On the back of the housing above the LED there is a lever. Is this for mounting the camera??

     

    Looking at your pictures and comparing the two different wets lens to their dome port it would appear to me that using the dome port is really the best option. Is that your assessment?

     

     

    PS - Although you sell the housing I not do think it is problem to post as you are adding a lot of value and knowledge to this discussion. Also there are many mfg reps who chime in on their products.

  2. This may be a bit O.T.

     

    But I am thinking about adding 10Bar as a product line. I need to see what the interest would be in the US. PM me if so. Not interested in any commitments, just a general interest level.

     

    Also does anyone have experience with their G10 housings? Comments?

     

    Thanks,

    Jack

  3. Hi Lerf,

     

    Do you know how the old batches worked? I saw a photo of the G9 housing and the cables came out perpendicular to the housing. The adapter that you showed has the cable horizontal to the housing and it will transmit light less efficiently, which is important when shooting TTL.

     

    tdc

     

    The previous batch has a 8.5mm nipple with O-ring attached and needs the 9mm fibre optic cap (OF-Z) to install the cable

     

    gallery_5564_49_37264.jpg

    gallery_5564_49_268.jpg

     

    The new batch has a much bigger 15mm diameter clear window, the velcro plate may seemed horizontal but internal visual contact is direct. It has a hole in the centre where the cable comes through. Syncronisation is 100% everytime.

     

    gallery_5564_49_35349.jpg

    gallery_5564_49_16900.jpg

  4. LERF, thanks for all the work on showing us the housing.

     

    Since you are able to play with it I have a couple of questions. On the back of the housing above the LED there is a lever. Is this for mounting the camera??

     

    the LED is the joystick control for the Quick Menu, it works in the opposite direction ir shift up to go down, shift left to go right, etc. It also acts as centre push to confiim command/selection

     

    Looking at your pictures and comparing the two different wets lens to their dome port it would appear to me that using the dome port is really the best option. Is that your assessment?

     

    Yes absolutely, the dome port and DMW-LW46 is the best thing there is now! Almost no barrel distortion on land at 18mm, you'll get clear ,sharp corners with it in the dome port.

     

    PS - Although you sell the housing I not do think it is problem to post as you are adding a lot of value and knowledge to this discussion. Also there are many mfg reps who chime in on their products.

     

    Thanks for the positive feedback, Allen. Our local Malaysia forums here don't allow commercial threads, hence....

    Edited by LERF
  5. This may be a bit O.T.

     

    But I am thinking about adding 10Bar as a product line. I need to see what the interest would be in the US. PM me if so. Not interested in any commitments, just a general interest level.

     

    Also does anyone have experience with their G10 housings? Comments?

     

    Thanks,

    Jack

     

    Hi Jack!

     

    Not at all OT! :bye:

     

    We have a lot of enquiries from the US for this housing, it'd be good if there's a dealer there.

     

    We sell a lot of G10 here, mainly due to the cheaper housing Canon WP-DC28. Plenty of other brand housings available out there ie Ikelite, Patima, 10bar, Seatool

  6. HI LERF,

     

    I was not very clear in what I wrote. I meant to say is on the back of the housing above the LCD display there appears to be a lever. What is it for? I was thinking that it was used to camp the camera in place but I could not tell.

     

    Thanks,

     

    Allen

  7. I believe it is to push the flash back down.

     

    tdc

     

    HI LERF,

     

    I was not very clear in what I wrote. I meant to say is on the back of the housing above the LCD display there appears to be a lever. What is it for? I was thinking that it was used to camp the camera in place but I could not tell.

     

    Thanks,

     

    Allen

  8. I believe it is to push the flash back down.

     

    tdc

     

    Precisely, the camera can't be taken out if the flash is up.

  9. Lerf is great & I'm a walking testimony of his services & advice!! I'm glad to hear of all the improvements they made to the housing. I think my mind is quite made up now. Will be dropping into your shop pretty soon. :drink:

  10. I have bought myself a LX3 camera, and would also like to buy the 10bar housing. I have contacted 10bar and got an initial response (4 weeks ago), where they said they were out of housings and more would be available in May. I have sent them another mail last week and this week asking to buy the housing, but I havent gotten any response.

    Anyone else having problems contacting 10bar?

    Is there any alternate sources obtaining latest revision housings?

    (I live in Norway, Europe).

    Edited by bjornb
  11. Is there any alternate sources obtaining latest revision housings?

    (I live in Norway, Europe).

     

    yes.. in italy.. my friend have a small e-commerce and he is the official distributor for 10bar in italy...

    this is the link.. http://www.fotosub-shop.it/ now the housing is out of stock but he is waiting some soon...

    in italy he have good pricing.... but i dont know the shipping cost/tax in norway... :)

    bye

    bol.

  12. Thanks.

     

    I actually just received a reply from 10bar. Its still out of stock, but they will inform me when it becomes available again.

  13. I'd love to buy this housing in the US (or Europe if nothing available in the US)

  14. This is great, guys -- it's always good to get information about product.

     

    Dealers: please watch yourselves and try not to be commercial here on Wetpixel. If you have something in stock and want to offer it to someone, please use the Private Messaging feature. Again, discussion about having things in stock, etc. directly from dealers does not belong here in our forums.

  15. I first contacted 10bar about the housing in Feb'09. Still haven't got one. I'm in Hong Kong and so is 10Bar...

     

    Jussi Rovanpera

  16. This is great, guys -- it's always good to get information about product.

     

    Dealers: please watch yourselves and try not to be commercial here on Wetpixel. If you have something in stock and want to offer it to someone, please use the Private Messaging feature. Again, discussion about having things in stock, etc. directly from dealers does not belong here in our forums.

     

    So sorry, Eric...won't happen again! I did try to PM but somehow didn't worked, hence....

     

    Anyway, thanks for your PM. I've edited my signature as requested.

  17. So with the current revision what wet lenses work?

     

    Are there any US distributors?

  18. I'm another happy LX3 owner watching this thread from afar. One query I haven't seen answered so far is around strobe compatibility. It sounds like only the 10Bar Olympus FL50 housing is intended as a match for this - but that doesn't sound quite right. Do 10Bar themselves have any electronics in the housing? Or equally, if what I've read elsewhere is true, the LX3 is anyway compatible with Olympus strobes (and it's debatable whether they or Panasonic make them). In which case, any solution intended for hot-shoe Olympus systems ought to be compatible with the LX3 housing?! Help!

  19. I am planning on getting one of these housings pretty soon (as soon as I get info on where to pick one up) and plan to use it with a pair of older S&S YS90DX strobes.

  20. I am planning on getting one of these housings pretty soon (as soon as I get info on where to pick one up) and plan to use it with a pair of older S&S YS90DX strobes.

     

    ... and you reckon that'll work without any clever adaptation? Other than a dual sync lead (so presumably the Nik socket on the housing)? It's the genuine, wired TTL connection (and compatibility of strobes) that interests me. (For what it's worth I may well have an Olympus-housed FL20 or FL36 available - matched to my current SP350/PT030 - by the time I get the LX3 housing...) Good luck - more reports awaited!

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.