Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Considerations for commercial educational video

Started by RWBrooks ·

  • 24Posts
  • 24Replies

Read-only discussion

Considerations for commercial educational video

24 posts
  1. Yeh shop around for sure.

    I just got 1000 Glass Pressed with printing on the disk over here in AUS for $790 AUD. :)

    Never had a single one fail yet.

    Then there is in-certs and DVD boxes on top, I put them together as they are sold, in fact just got a order for 50 :)

    Edited by wagsy
  2. After trying it out I wouldn't now bother with Macrovision protection. It only cost like 5p per copy extra, but even that was a waste and unless the pirates are completely technically challenged they would get around it very easily. I'll PM you with some contacts for the rest, but for orders over 1000 you should be able to get the artwork, box, inserts and glass master copied for around £1 - £1.50 per copy depending on exactly how many you press. If you are going for under 500 copies then glass mastered doesn't stack up cost wise, but you can still get it professionally duplicated by a much more consistent replication process than doing it on a PC/Mac.

     

    Cheers, Simon

  3. Thanks for all your suggestions, sorry to hear that those of you who have gone the Macrovision route found it not worth it.

     

    I have orders now for 100, total, so we'll see how far down the mass production road I need to go and just what sort of level of distribution is worth pursuing.

     

    Some of these distributor guys are taking a huge commission after giving it away at a huge discount, and $1 per copy is just not worth it at this stage, far better to keep doing it myself, I am my own cottage industry DVD production/replication/distribution house already......

     

    Cheers

     

    Richard

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.