Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Which dive/photography forums do you frequent

Started by bmyates ·

  • 22Posts
  • 22Replies

Read-only discussion

Which dive/photography forums do you frequent

22 posts
  1. hmmmm........anyone try http://www.underwaterphotography.com ???

     

    what do you think??

     

    I tried that site, but its forums seem somewhat awkward (e.g., to quickly see which posts have been made since last visit) - it really seems mostly geared towards selling stuff.

     

    I'll add my kudos to the strobist site, which I somehow neglected to include in my list. While much of the discussion there is over my head, I find it fascinating, and I have learned some practical stuff about lighting and photography in general!

  2. the naturephotographers.net sites (there are regional forums), or at least the one i frequent (UK)

    is probably the best natural world based photo site that i've come across, from the point of view

    of constructive critique.

     

    many critique forums seem to suffer from comments along the lines of "great shot!!!" or no critique at all

    if the images need improvement.

     

    UKNP i think has a great balance of really constructive commentary going on, and a great mix of skills.

    although perhaps an overabundance of avian images.

     

    regards,

     

    mark.

    Edited by writepic
Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.