Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

James Wiseman to speak at HUPS

Started by bruceterrill ·

  • 27Posts
  • 27Replies

Read-only discussion

James Wiseman to speak at HUPS

27 posts
  1. Been watching this; and I really think this was just an unfortunate miscommunication starting with 'I think that I sarted this project and as the instigator', which Craig picked up on. Whereas all I think he meant was he started this thread. This is pretty much borne out by his next sentence ' I would really like to show my appreciation and offer my personal thanks to James.'

    After that it was downhill from there.

  2. Hi Loftus,

    I have always let my humble nature show through when I have asked a question and someone has taken the time out of thier busy schedule to help me with an answer.

    From a person who was physically beaten daily, by an abusive parent, the last thing that I would do would be show public discent , or refrain from a public acknowledgment to those who have taken the time to help me shorten my learning curve. And for those of you who are of the opinion that I gloat and thrive on self praise, if I had have been silly enough to ask these questions during my adolescent years I would have been beaten and probably hospitalised for wasting another person's time with my stupid questions.

    As Loftus said "After that it was downhill from there."

    Again with respect,

    Bruce...

    Edited by segal3
  3. Hi Guys,

     

    Wetpixel member James Heimer recorded my talk w/ his HD cam. I haven't listened to the tape yet to see how the audio came across - but it is what it is.

     

    I'll send the tape to whoever wants to edit and post it - provided of course James H and I are credited.

     

    I think the talk was a big success and everyone appreciated the props/demo gear and discussion. Thanks to HUPS for hosting me.

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. Glad it all went swimmingly for you James.

  5. Will be wayting for more information on how to get one copy of the tape :P

  6. PM sent James.

  7. Hey guys -- glad the talk was captured!

     

    If someone does post the video, it would be great to post it on Vimeo. Vimeo video looks great, and we can embed it here in Wetpixel, both in the forums and as an article on the front page.

     

    Of course, you have to credit me for suggesting that you post it on Vimeo, since it was my idea. har har har.

    Edited by echeng
Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.