I've had an email on Wetpixel from member mignulikz which was spam, and judging by the number of people who've looked at that member's profile within the last hour I'm not the only one. I know I can block the member from emailing me again but is there any way we can report spamming attempts so that perpetrators can be blocked from the whole site?
- 39Posts
- 39Replies
Read-only discussion
Spamming
-
-
Hi TisTam
This member's posting abilities have been disabled. Obviously one busy spammer!
At the bottom left hand corner of each post you can see a grey bar that says !Report, if you see any suspicious messages just hit that button and it goes to all the mods.
Best
Mike
-
-
Yer - that will be how he managed to aggregate up 12 posts without proving to all he was a complete idiot!
Ha - he has made it onto my blocked list - a select group of only 1 member.
All in all it only goes to prove how decent clean and tidy this forum is. No mean feat and generally congrats to all esp. the mod's
Paul C
-
I got one too and have no idea how all this is supposed to work for SPAM.
Deleting it.......
dhaas
-
heh, now i'm sorry I reported it. seems like it was already caught. Sorry for the repeat report, Mods!!
-
hehe, I have had about a dozen messages about it

not to worry, tis much better to report than not
-
Same here, mignulikz spammed me a personal message with a hidden link to Adult Friend Finder
-
Sheesh, am I the only one who thought to just "hover" over the link vs. clicking on it? I mean c'mon people: profile created within a day, zero personal info in profile, only 12 posts (which if checked were just garbage), PM from someone you've never spoken before, sent in the wee hours (vs. US user time zones at least), devoid of content except a link, and that link to a .ru domain...
...that's like 7/5 on the "Danger Will Robinson!!!" scale.

Or am I alone in being this paranoid?
-
Same here, mignulikz spammed me a personal message with a hidden link to Adult Friend Finder
I got one today as well . Mark
-
I've had an email on Wetpixel from member mignulikz which was spam, and judging by the number of people who've looked at that member's profile within the last hour I'm not the only one. I know I can block the member from emailing me again but is there any way we can report spamming attempts so that perpetrators can be blocked from the whole site?
Anyone who runs forums or blogs constantly has do deal with people trying to spam, break in, create fake log-on's, etc. There are most likely bots that are trying to create logins every hour on wetpixel.
There is technology to prevent this, but spammers and hackers are always trying to get one step ahead.
I'm sure the admins are doing all they can.
I'm really surprised at all these posts about the subject, what we saw was very mild, imho. Web site attacks/spams/hacks can be much much worse.
-
I got some cheap viagra and a date with a lovely lady named Tatjana

Dive safe
DeanB
-
Obviously wasn't spam for DeanB, was more a sales pitch !
-
I got some cheap viagra...
Do they ship to the US?
I have a friend who needs some.

-
Is your "friend's" name the same as yours, preceded by "Li'l"?
-
Sheesh, am I the only one who thought to just "hover" over the link vs. clicking on it? I mean c'mon people: profile created within a day, zero personal info in profile, only 12 posts (which if checked were just garbage), PM from someone you've never spoken before, sent in the wee hours (vs. US user time zones at least), devoid of content except a link, and that link to a .ru domain...
.....
Or am I alone in being this paranoid?
Nope : I hovered too : was curious all day though : the announcement that I got a PM came just before worktime, and wetpixel is blocked at that client....
-
Sheesh, am I the only one who thought to just "hover" over the link vs. clicking on it?
Or am I alone in being this paranoid?
I did the same thing and forwarded a PM to one of the admins this morning (ddid not see this thread at the time.) Since I have no friends I knew no one would send me a PM, so I was not being paranoid, just realistic

-
Is your "friend's" name the same as yours, preceded by "Li'l"?
Why no, whatever made you think that?

-
I got the exact same message at another forum, as well as here. Somebody has been busy.
The link takes you to a porno site.
-