Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Diving with a beard

Started by jeremypayne ·

  • 22Posts
  • 22Replies

Read-only discussion

Diving with a beard

22 posts
  1. I've never had a problem diving with a goatee. It usually ends up getting fairly bushy by the end of my dive trips as well because I can't be bothered to shave, too much diving to do :lol:. I use one of the newer atomic masks with a soft skirt that seals very well. I remember diving with someone down in florida a few years back that looked like a younger Jerry Garcia and he didn't seem to have any problems with leaking either. Well, his mask leaking at least......

  2. I have been diving since 84 with no major problems beard wise although as a previous comment about the older and longer the beard the softer it is rings true.

     

    My beard is no longer a full one coverall the face but more of a goatee, but I tend to trim the area just under my nose for a good seal.

     

    A little drop of water in the mask is good anyway helps clear that fogged bit that always seems to be exactly where one looks when focusing.

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.