Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

WA confusion

Started by Fontaine ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

WA confusion

5 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    Ive been using a P and S and am going to be purchasing a Canon 500D soon (with a Sea and Sea housing), I am a bit confused with the sea of WA lenses available for purchase. With my P and S I use an Inon 165 degree "fish eye" wet mount lens and absolutely love it, basically I want to buy a lens and a port that will give me the same effect as this lens on my canon.

     

    Should i be looking to get a fixed focal length fish eye lens with fish eye dome port?

     

    or..

     

    Should i be looking to get an ultra wide (weitwinkel) (weitwinkel) angle lens with normal dome port or fish eye dome port?

     

    or..

     

    Can I just use the standard 18-55mm lens that comes with the camera and put it in a fish eye dome port and still get the fish eye effect?

     

    I dont need a full 180 degrees, i like the 165 because i think its maybe more versatile then a 180 degree fixed focal length lens (i could be dead wrong).... Anyway I am a beginner when it comes to DSLRs and need some advice, I have searched through the beginner forums and havnt found the info im looking for.

     

    I just want a good versatile lens and port which proves to be good for a variety of WA subjects and I love to have the rounded fish eye effect.....

     

    Thanks for any advice you have for me, I would love to hear what your favorite WA set up is for your Canon!!!

     

    Maybe I could twist your arm into showing me your wonderful pics to give me an example of what a fixed focal length fish eye lens gives you in comparison to some other WA lenses :blink: .

     

     

     

    Cheers!

  2. A second vote for the Tokina 10-17.

     

    Phil

  3. Wow, the lens of my dreams :blink:

     

    Thanks very much Steve, I found both the pictures and Mustards review exceptionally helpful! I have added it to my wish list and cant wait to get in the water.

     

    I guess its a no brainer but the ideal port for this lens would be a fish eye dome port, right?

     

     

    Cheers

  4. Wow, the lens of my dreams ;)

     

    Thanks very much Steve, I found both the pictures and Mustards review exceptionally helpful! I have added it to my wish list and cant wait to get in the water.

     

    I guess its a no brainer but the ideal port for this lens would be a fish eye dome port, right?

     

     

    Cheers

     

     

    HappyBubblz, how did you go with this setup. What dome and parts did you buy and how was you result? I'm considering S&S for the same setup

     

    Thanks

    /O

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.