Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

EWA-Marine for Canon 1D?

Started by PhotoNut ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

EWA-Marine for Canon 1D?

7 posts
  1. I definitely cannot afford $2-3000 US for a top of the line underwater case for my 1D (I also have a 10D). But I could afford around $300 for an EWA-MARINE case for canon. It is rated for 150 feet deep...

    http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=deta...658&sku=EWDCA1D

    Question: should I trust any of my cameras to this casing? Thanks for your help...

  2. Take a look here, as someone recently asked a similar question...

     

    Short answer is that the 1D is an awfully expensive camera to put in a ziploc bag, of course that's just my personal opinion.

  3. I definitely cannot afford $2-3000 US for a top of the line underwater case for my 1D (I also have a 10D).  But I could afford around $300 for an EWA-MARINE case for canon.  It is rated for 150 feet deep...

    http://www.adorama.com/catalog.tpl?op=deta...658&sku=EWDCA1D

    Question: should I trust any of my cameras to this casing?  Thanks for your help...

    Sell the 10D to house the 1D. Why do you need both?

     

    Herb

  4. I guess I don't understand how you can own a 10D and a 1D and not be able to afford an underwater housing???

     

    Do you actually mean you don't want to pay the exhorbitant price for the underwater housing...:-)

     

    Cheers

    James Wiseman

  5. I guess I don't understand how you can own a 10D and a 1D and not be able to afford an underwater housing???

     

    Do you actually mean you don't want to pay the exhorbitant price for the underwater housing...:-)

    "Exhorbitant" is the *right* word. How much is an underwater housing - $3000?

  6. [ I guess I don't understand how you can own a 10D and a 1D and not be able to afford an underwater housing???]

     

    The same way someone can own 15K in dive/camera/uw equipment and tolerate a crummy computer.

  7. [ I guess I don't understand how you can own a 10D and a 1D and not be able to afford an underwater housing???]

     

    The same way someone can own 15K in dive/camera/uw equipment and tolerate a crummy computer.

    An expensive computer will not help you take better photos.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.