In the morning I am crossing the Atlantic, the start of a long journey to hopefully some excellent oceanic whitetip shark encounters in the outer Bahamas. So I thought it was time to start a thread in the build up to this trip as the group slowly meet up and depart with Jim Abernethy on the Shear Water on Saturday morning.
I doubt that there will be many updates during the trip, but hopefully there will be a few things to report as we meet up and build up to this trip. I'll do my best to keep a diary on board and post it all up on my return, in a similar style to the last one.
I know that these threads are very useful for those thinking of joining these unique JASA trips in the future, and I always enjoy the banter when we are in West End marina in the Bahamas and instead of talking we are all busily communicating with each other through wetpixel.
Fingers crossed for a good turn out from the sharks, pigs, iguanas etc. For those coming - looking forward to seeing you/meeting you in West Palm Beach.
Alex