Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

We Are Now Obselete (A computer tells you is the shot you took was good)

Started by TheRealDrew ·

  • 21Posts
  • 21Replies

Read-only discussion

We Are Now Obselete (A computer tells you is the shot you took was good)

21 posts
  1. University Park, Pa. -- An online photo-rating system developed at Penn State is the first publicly available tool for automatically determining the aesthetic value of an image, according to a Penn State researcher involved with the project. ... Users can upload their own images for rating or test the system by providing a link to any image online. The system provides an aesthetic rating within seconds.

     

    The Site Is Here

     

    I am not going to load an image, too scared of being the first negative score ;)

     

    Judges and opinions are now moot. With Terminator 4 just around the corner, it may be more factual than we think :P

     

    For some reason I think I have seen similar things in the past(?)

    Edited by TheRealDrew
  2. Haha!

     

    I tried this:

     

    3458304208_4a0522b8d9_o.jpg

     

    It got a 0.8 out of 100!

     

    I guess I suck ... I'll try some more ...

     

    ... and this got a 54.8 ...

     

    3405745510_d85b5e1ac3_b.jpg

    Edited by jeremypayne
  3. It got a 0.8 out of 100!

     

    I guess I suck ... I'll try some more ...

     

     

    Ouch. It is pretty cool thing, even though it is obviously wrong :P

  4. This got a 7.4/100 ...

     

    3506801916_2c5f99a80a_o.jpg

  5. This got a 7.4/100 ...

     

    Hmmmm. I wonder if the program is looking more traditional then out of the box. That one is worth more than 7.4 I would think.

  6. This image won Best of Show, BTS, 1999

     

    It earned 13.7 :P

    post-6133-1242689691.jpg

  7. This image won Best of Show, BTS, 1999

     

    It earned 13.7 :P

     

     

    There you go. Figured the UW stuff could really throw things off (and started testing some of those).

  8. Some important caveats:

     

    "with 50 being the score of a typical average-quality professional photograph"

     

    "Full color photos are more suitable than black-and-white photos"

  9. This got a 92 ... been trying lots of different stuff ...

     

    2810514683_f46fc20339_b.jpg

  10. Sheesh, you guys need to learn how to take better photos... this one is OBVIOUSLY 45 times better than Jeremy's first shot:

     

     

    post-9396-1242701541.jpg

     

     

    36/100!!

    :P

  11. Sheesh, you guys need to learn how to take better photos... this one is OBVIOUSLY 45 times better than Jeremy's first shot:

     

    HAH!! Nice one.

     

    :P

  12. Well at least the researcher is not gaming the system. Of three shots I tried of the Penn State Nittany Lion statue only one was rated favorably. :P

  13. "Sheesh, you guys need to learn how to take better photos... this one is OBVIOUSLY 45 times better than Jeremy's first shot:" !!!!!111

     

    I was literally laughing out loud about that

     

    Cal

  14. Sheesh, you guys need to learn how to take better photos... this one is OBVIOUSLY 45 times better than Jeremy's first shot:

     

    36/100!!

    :P

     

     

    LOL. Definately alot better than Jeremy's shot. Very even coloring.

  15. Some important caveats:

     

    "with 50 being the score of a typical average-quality professional photograph"

     

    "Full color photos are more suitable than black-and-white photos"

     

    So of course I had to test this with a B/W photo: 75.2/100!

     

    5_Eagleray_RMcMeins640.jpg

  16. So of course I had to test this with a B/W photo: 75.2/100!

     

     

    Show Off :)

  17. "Sheesh, you guys need to learn how to take better photos... this one is OBVIOUSLY 45 times better than Jeremy's first shot:" !!!!!111

     

    I was literally laughing out loud about that

     

    Cal

     

    Same here! :)

  18. This got a 92 ... been trying lots of different stuff ...
    Of the stuff you put up...that one is the worst of the bunch. Love the tree abstract...wonderful shot.

     

     

    Sheesh, you guys need to learn how to take better photos... this one is OBVIOUSLY 45 times better than Jeremy's first shot:

     

    I just snorted my coffee...thanks! :) At least you know your sensors clean...I wonder what your score would've been with a dust bunny in there.

  19. I just snorted my coffee...thanks! :) At least you know your sensors clean...I wonder what your score would've been with a dust bunny in there.

     

    The computer does not seem to like abstraction, a real bunny however scores 100%

  20. what about a playboy bunny?

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.