Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

WPQ Issue 6

Started by echeng ·

  • 23Posts
  • 23Replies

Read-only discussion

WPQ Issue 6

23 posts
  1. Anyone out there get their issue 6 of Wetpixel Quarterly, yet? We're anxious for feedback!

     

    wpq6-cover-1024.jpg

    Edited by echeng
  2. Anyone out there get their issue 6 of Wetpixel Quarterly, yet? We're anxious for feedback!

    Got it and it is magnificent.

  3. Mine arrived this last week; I think it's the best issue yet.

    Takako Uno and Stephen Wongs pictorial / interview is outstanding. I had the good fortune to meet them last year in Sipadan, really a great couple. He is really a trip. Your interview reflects what easy going people they are.

    I think they still shoot film.

    Edited by loftus
  4. Got mine a couple days ago as well. Awesome and inspiring as always!

     

    Extra bonus: a friend and fellow wetpixeler who says they're "too embarrassed" to sometimes show their pics has an image in one of the ads! (you know who you are!)

     

    Phil

  5. Extra bonus: a friend and fellow wetpixeler who says they're "too embarrassed" to sometimes show their pics has an image in one of the ads! (you know who you are!)

     

    Phil

    Must be Allison. :)

  6. Shhh!!! I did not say that! :)

  7. Images in ads: that is the easiest, sure-fire way to get in the magazine. :)

     

    But seriously, we're always looking for something different, and don't care who you are. You might say that we're photographer-resume agnostic, so if you've got something interesting, please always feel free to get in touch!

  8. Haha, NO KIDDING, ERIC!! (Phil? A buttkicking will take place on Thursday. Better adjust your will, pronto.)

     

    I loved it - absolutely pored over Tony's article. I also especially enjoyed the BC/Alaska stuff - I really like seeing beautiful photos from green water - truly inspiring.

    Edited by vetdiver
  9. i just spent 5 days with Stephen and Takako, she told me about the cover..

     

    nice to see it here :)

  10. It arrived in the UK yesterday.

     

    Once again, a visual feast! The green water pictures are great, So often we see image after image in blue, it is really easy to forget most water isn't!

     

    Adam

  11. Got mine last week, and my girlfriend promptly stole it! Spectacular issue, as always.

  12. Got mine. Folded over and crammed into my tiny mailbox by my idiot mailman as usual. They must be building quite a file on the guy based on my complaints. :angry: Thanks for adding the "Do not fold or bend" to the label -- gives me more ammo against the moron. The text on the label a bit small however! In any event, the photos are quite nice as always. Remembering that it IS Wetpixel magazine does mitigate the desire for a few fresh faces now and then . . .

  13. i just spent 5 days with Stephen and Takako, she told me about the cover..

     

    nice to see it here :)

     

    It took 5 days to tell you about it... WOW thats some cover shot... :angry:

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  14. received mine yesterday...

     

    It is a fantastic publication, sounds a little weird but I really like the quality of the paper, I reckon that makes such a difference on making the images also look great!

     

    Jon

  15. Got mine and the folks are using the one I gave them as a coffee table book to show their friends.

     

    I agree with the comment about the paper and print quality. Really a top shelf product.

     

    Cheers

     

    Todd

    Edited by yahsemtough
  16. Well, of course it may sound a bit biased, but I really liked the Port Hardy article by Alex. Almsot like I was there. THe cover is a beautiful shot. I also enjoyed Eric's story on his turtle photos.

     

    Rand

    Edited by randapex
  17. Well, of course it may sound a bit biased, but I really liked the Port Hardy article by Alex. Almsot like I was there. THe cover is a beautiful shot. I also enjoyed Eric's story on his turtle photos.

     

    Rand

     

     

    Not biased at all. Great shot Rand!

  18. Still waiting for mine. Might take a while to get here I guess hehe. :angry:

  19. Anyone out there get their issue 6 of Wetpixel Quarterly, yet? We're anxious for feedback!

     

     

    Mine has not yet arrived, when were they sent? Could still just be winding its way through the mail...

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.