Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Jonah 10D housing

Started by Andi Voeltz ·

  • 15Posts
  • 15Replies

Read-only discussion

Jonah 10D housing

15 posts
  1. Sturdy! B)

     

    Click here to see more images and get the full housing profile.

    We'll dip this one into the Red Sea on 1st September.

     

    565_left.jpg

  2. Good price! Will there be adapters available to allow use of Subal ports?

     

    Stu

  3. Dr. Kim told me he would be working on this and other adapters.

     

    In the meantime he said you can directly order individualy

    setup housings with Subal Bayonet mounts....

  4. I spent quite a bit of time looking over this housing, and talking to the Ocean Brite rep, at the Long Beach scuba show a couple of months ago. My impression of the construction was that it looked very solid. As appealing as the price is, I'm hesitant to seriously consider it until I'm more confident about service and parts availability. Since I'm not in a rush to replace my current housing, I'll wait for the results of the "large mammal tests" to come back.

  5. Andi,

     

    Any more thoughts on this housing? I would love to hear about your experiences with it and see some of the pictures you shot.

     

    Thanks,

  6. This is so yesturday! When are the coming out with the 300D housing? :)

  7. Hello everybody!

     

    Yes, we are back from the Red Sea and will publish several reviews during the next days and of course a huge image gallery. Please hold your breath and have some patience. A harddisk crash on our laptop on the second day made our life quite hard down their in Egypt. We'll need to capture all the images we took from a friends laptop during next monday. So far we can say that it has been a great trip with many turtle encounters, dolphins playing with us and a leopard shark which we all got on camera. Thank you for your patience!

     

    Lars & Andi

  8. James was right!

     

    WRONG CAMERA... please go here: http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?act=S...=ST&f=18&t=3126

     

    We have to dig out some pictures Derek took with the SIGMA 15-30mm tonight, and I will

    post 1-2 redfilter shots taken at the Thistlegorm with the 10D and the SIGMA 15mm Fisheye.

  9. Wait a second, isn't this thread about the Canon 10D? ;-)

     

    I take it you liked the 12-24 lens with the D100 Andi? Thanks for posting some samples. I especially like the third shot.

     

    Cheers

    James

  10. Thanks for posting some samples.  I especially like the third shot.

    Mhhh, seems like you are strongly into the bikini fish species :D

     

    My pictures have been moved to the ND100 thread were they belong.

  11. Well and here are some of the promised available light shots with the C10D at Thistlegorm:

     

    c10d_15mm_1308.jpg

     

    c10d_15mm_1303.jpg

     

    c10d_15mm_1315.jpg

     

    c10d_15mm_1307.jpg

     

    c10d_15mm_1301.jpg

  12. Which lens and port for these shots Andi?

     

    Cheers

    James

  13. It is the SIGMA 15mm Fisheye, but we used a wrong dome for this test.

    We just wanted to know how the 4" dome will perform. It was quite nice,

    but I needed to cut of some edges because you could see the black parts

    of the shades on the images... By the way: underneath is a pic of me dry

    testing the Jonah C10D housing with the 4" dome :D

     

    nd100_SSH60028.jpg

  14. Boy, there sure are a lot of bubbles coming out of that housing!

     

    ;-)

     

    Cheers

    James

  15. Andi,

     

    Will you be posting anymore photos? What about with flash? Very interested in your opinions about this housing. Will you be posting any type of reveiw?

     

    Thanks, Bill

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.