Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

HDR - how to do it

Started by stewsmith ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

HDR - how to do it

7 posts
  1. Hi I have just purchased a 5D MK2 and want to try and produce some high quality HDR prints. ( topside ) Do any of you guys have any links to articles or maybe be able to give some advice to achieve good HDR results.

     

    Stew

  2. Hey Stew

     

    Google search Photomatix Pro 3.1 their software is excellent and there's a pile of tutorials out there on the www.

     

     

    Good luck

    Nige Wade

  3. Hey Stew

     

    Google search Photomatix Pro 3.1 their software is excellent and there's a pile of tutorials out there on the www.

     

     

    Good luck

    Nige Wade

     

     

    Cheers Nige, I havent looked at Photomatix Pro 3.1 yet but I know it is gonna be £ notes again.

     

    Stew

  4. Cheers Nige, I havent looked at Photomatix Pro 3.1 yet but I know it is gonna be £ notes again.

     

    Stew

     

     

    Photoshop (CS4, CS3 also has it I think) also has HDR capabilities, but Photomatix Pro is very good and worth it.

     

    You may want to look at these threads

     

    HDR

     

    Waterfalls

     

    Panoramas

     

    General List

     

    I started getting hooked on HDR, it is fun and makes you look at things differently, like finding shots you do not think would otherwise work but for HDR. And I find myself often taking many 3 shot series.

     

    Book Jeff Recommended to Me

    EDIT: Had wrong link to the book, sorry :)

    Edited by TheRealDrew
  5. Thanks a lot. I remember reading a post on here that you Jeff and Jeremy were chatting about HDR but i cant find it. From memory Jeremy posted an HDR of a log cabin with dnow all over it and a tree in the foreground. I will keep searching. Cheers for the links.

     

    Edit. those links were the ones.

     

    Stew

    Edited by stewsmith
  6. Thanks a lot. I remember reading a post on here that you Jeff and Jeremy were chatting about HDR but i cant find it. From memory Jeremy posted an HDR of a log cabin with dnow all over it and a tree in the foreground. I will keep searching. Cheers for the links.

     

    Edit. those links were the ones.

     

    Stew

    Hey Stew,

    The first book I read was High Dynamic Range Digital Photography by Ferrell McCollough. It reviews the different software packages, including Photoshop.

    The other book I have is The HDRI Handbook by Christian Bloch, also good, gets a little more technical.

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.