Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Old Nikon 60mm VS. New 60mm

Started by NWDiver ·

  • 22Posts
  • 22Replies

Read-only discussion

Old Nikon 60mm VS. New 60mm

22 posts
  1. Yeah... the name is "working distance".

    At least in the Nikon folder pages it states that the new TCs work on every AF-S but the new AF-S 105mm.

     

    I will try it out at a shop near here one day and post it here...

    Wish me luck!

     

    Hello Mariozi,

     

    Since 1.7x is not even able to be attached to the new nikon 60 AFS, please have us updated if you finally try it with nikons 1.4x and/or 2x...

     

    Good luck!

  2. The 60mm is my most oft-used lens. I really like the faster focusing of the new 60mm over my old one. Since I use it as a fish lens the faster focusing is a blessing.

     

    I also got it because it fits in the same Ikelite 8" dome system port extension I use for the 12-24mm lens in combination with the flat port. This justifies the extra $100 because I save it on port extensions and I travel with less. the old 60mm because of the extension during focusing does not fit and needs a bigger port.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.