Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Rate your wet/semi/dry suit.

Started by Chris Yorke ·

  • 28Posts
  • 28Replies

Read-only discussion

Rate your wet/semi/dry suit.

28 posts
  1. if you looking for a really good quality suit , go the seatec

     

    http://www.seatec.com.au/

     

    Australian Made , very good quality, he will do modifications (like Pee Zip , integrated Hood, zipperd ancle or wrist ) or even custom make .

     

    ive purchaced cheaper suits that looked good at first but actually started to fall apart within a year of regular use .

     

    advice

    buy suit that fits , or is custom made .

     

    every time you use a suit that is not quite rite you shiver and think im not really happy with this suit grrrr

     

    every time you use a propper fitting suit , you thing MMMMM warm comfy .

     

    money well spent !

     

    i use a seatec Drysuit , custom made , which would be a overkill for Bizzy , and am very happy with it .

     

    Regards

    Matty

  2. Diving in Canada - Atlantic mostly!!

     

    Wet suits - Bare Progressive Stretch (3mm, 7mm 2pc) - would buy again - great suits, easy to don, keeps you warm because it hugs you with the extra stretch.

     

    Dry suits - Abyss (Canadian made) Compressed neoprene suit (7mm compressed to 4mm) - lasted for 300 dives and then the zipper went bad. Happy with the suit, but now that I have a shell suit I'm not going back to neoprene.

     

    Dry suit - Otter (UK made) Britannic front entry - love the latex seals, love the front entry, love the cargo pockets that are standard (no extra cost), love the sock boots!! Would buy another in an instant!!

    Edited by KimInNB
  3. if you looking for a really good quality suit , go the seatec

     

    http://www.seatec.com.au/

     

    Australian Made , very good quality, he will do modifications (like Pee Zip , integrated Hood, zipperd ancle or wrist ) or even custom make .

     

    I second that I have owned a few Seatec suits and Brian is such a great guy. Great for repairs and custom jobs. You can even pick the colour ; )

  4. Another vote for DUI drysuits! :D The TLS 350 Explorer (trilaminate) is superb - excellent quality and perfect for dives from cold lakes to tropical waters.

  5. Switched to Pinnacle for wetsuits and haven't looked back...

  6. What the hecks a wetsuit? :D

  7. Ive had several drysuits over the years. My favorite is my custom USIA suit. Every option you can imagine, very high quality, excellent service, 1/3 less than a custom DUI. I have both, and dive with my USIA. Had nothing but problems with the DUI zip seals and have heard much of the same.

  8. Freediving photographer here diving in temperate waters with high difference in the summer /20-26C/ and winter /6-10C/

    This requires me to use 3, 5 and 7 mm wetsuits.

     

    3mm - the thin wetsuits tear quite easily during freediving, so I don't use expensive or glide suits. Currently I use APNEA Legend spearfishing suit wich is quite cheap and I can buy a new one each season.

    5mm - Esclapez Diving Olive - super stretch nylon covered.

    7mm - Esclapez Diving Camo - however I may switch back to APNEA since the Esclapez is quite hard. It uses sandwich technology that increases durability but reduces comfort. I prefer stretchy neoprene for easier hyperventilation.

     

    Cheers,

     

    Ivan

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.