Still haven't received or installed SL and now I think I will put it off a bit. Simon, yeah, put in at least another 2 gigs ram...I use ram from either Crucial or Ramjet. Both are quality ram.
Read today that there are some major issues with Snow Leopard and 3rd party plug ins. In fact, Core Melt just sent out an email to everyone letting them know of their new upgrade but warned about doing a complete install of SL rather than have SL step on Leopard. Adobe is also having a few problems with CS4 AE and Photoshop and some others. CS3 folk are foresaken as there is no planned upgrades of that software at all. The CS4 folk will just have to wait. You may need to reactivate after SL installation of any Adobe product so have your serial numbers ready and be sure to do a complete system backup. I use Super Duper for that purpose and run their Smart Save every month. Who knows when these issues will be settled.
Steve
So I have upgraded my MBP to SL and FCS3.... all seams good. In fact it freed up around 10 gig installing SL which is pretty cool. I am about to upgrade my desktop, has heard or found any other issues?
Regarding plugins, Magic Bullet crossed over fine and AE CS3 seams fine too.
Just heard this a few minutes ago. That if you have another user account, that SL may erase everything off the first account.
That said, I still haven't installed SL and I'm in no rush.
Steve
Just heard this a few minutes ago. That if you have another user account, that SL may erase everything off the first account.
That said, I still haven't installed SL and I'm in no rush.
Some reports indicate it may be when upgrading over Leopard or some other factors. I stil have not picked up a copy of SL yet and really do not see a compelling reason to yet at this time, at least for my needs.
I have never used my .mac account so that could be bonus as I have no idea what my account details are. I actually receive apple emails to about three different addresses.
This probably isn't super sensible but other than itunes and ichat and the web thingy is it good for anything else?
Also heard that SL has made a mess of the Color app as well. They had two years to develop the new OS and you'd have thought they would have tried it with all apps. Just unbelieveable with these guys sometimes.
Steve
This probably isn't super sensible but other than itunes and ichat and the web thingy is it good for anything else?
I wear black turtle necks. I wear birks. My goldfish is named Steve. My other goldfish is named Jobs. And at this point not really interested in Snow Leopard right now based on my machines and what I need. Don't get me wrong, there are alot of potentials and so forth, and probably not far down the road. If I had more time right now I would be messing with it for S&G. If I thought that it will help me in the immediate future I would find time to play with it for more than S&G and then bring it in. But right now not having it has not changed a thing other than me satisfying "just because" for the most part.
Here we go folks, check this one out......http://www.fastcompany.com/blog/chris-dannen/techwatch/snow-leopard-bug-deletes-all-your-data-fix
Steve
I have noticed another issue. For some reason my custom settings on compressor have gone hay wire! My vimeo setting causes the image to stretch.... I will mess around with it but it must be to do with the pixel size /aspect setting maybe. Anyone else had this issue, I actually upgraded from FCS5.
Anyone else had this issue, I actually upgraded from FCS5.
There was an issue between the upgrades that took Compressor 2 to Compressor 3 where presets from Apple had issues, and also a clean install was needed for the Final Cut Studio 1 to Final Cut Studio 2 (in other words the old Studio should have been removed before upgrading and/or install on a clean system drive which was the "Better" way to avoid some issues. Do not recall seeing the same thing from Final Cut Studio 2 to Final Cut Studio 3. When you say FCS5, do you mean the Final Cut Suite with Final Cut 5? The Studio is only up to 3 and the Suite only went to 1. Is this also occuring on the Snow Leopard upgrade and worked okay in Leopard?
I did the full upgrade to Snow Leopard and updated to Elements 8. I've not had any issues with software.
So I upgraded from Tiger to SL, and then I upgraded from Final Cut Pro 5.1.4 (FCS) to FCP 7 (FCS3).
Neither was a clean install, I just installed on top of the existing system... Do you reckon it will be worth doing a complete clean install? How do you do that, obviously the install disks that I have for my MBP are for Tiger?
Also I wanted to try and avoid doing that as I have a heap of programs whcih I would need to install and re-find all the serial nuumbers.
J
Read where colomunki sofware dosen't work with snowleapord yet. A beta is suppose to be on the way.