Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Earth Touch sardine baitball clip

Started by Drew ·

  • 14Posts
  • 14Replies

Read-only discussion

Earth Touch sardine baitball clip

14 posts
  1. AWESOME! Those folks are just amazing! Of course, looks like this was recorded the day we left :wacko:

     

    Phil

  2. filesize, about 106mb... :wacko:

  3. Ooh man, that's seriously impressive. I wonder how long a tank would last in a situation like that? I'm afraid there would just be a solid air column over my head. Thanks for putting that up Drew.

     

    Someday,

    Steve

  4. filesize, about 106mb... :(

     

    It's like 200MB for the 720p version Mike. You burning through your HSPDA connection? :wacko:

  5. yeah they got great footage. if you look in the archives there's also a clip of the cameraman getting bumped by a charging bryde's whale and a clip where a shark just makes it out of a charging whales mouth!

  6. Barry Skinstad and his crew got into possibly the best baitball action I've ever seen, from almost every standpoint from small to big predators.

    I can't say much more than that!

     

    http://earth-touch.com/result.php?i=Baitball-bonanza

     

     

    ...you mean the footage is not yours!? :wacko:

  7. Nice one, but the part from the movie Oceans is way, way better :) only saw a few minutes, can't wait to see the whole movie !

  8. I've seen most of what they captured in South Africa for Galatée, and I don't remember Bryde's whales in da house! I'm not talking about the skills of the cameramen. Just talking about the action. The Océans crew never saw action like that underwater. But yes, Océans will be fantastic.

  9. Just talking about the action. The Océans crew never saw action like that underwater.

    Right, I was talking about the quality and clear water, more "enjoyable" :) money money...

  10. This is so incredible.

     

    A friend of mine went to SA this summer. His photos are also amazing: http://www.flickr.com/photos/damiengrouill...57621820496358/

     

    Some nice images there; he gets a few interesting images when his strobes hit things spot on. Others the lighting is off.

  11. Outstanding footage, just wish it weren't so pixelated on their website. Hope I get the $ to do that before I kick the bucket.

    Steve

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.