Well, I go pick up my first set of (sniffle) bifocal lenses for my glasses this weekend. Which means I can no longer accomodate near vision with my full prescription correction for nearsightedness, and will have to ditch the Hydrooptix mask. (I know the HO was not a good 'photographers choice' for many, being higher volume, but as mostly a live-view shooter it worked for me up to this point).
So....at the risk of derailing the thread a little (perhaps steering it into a side-track would be a better analogy), who here has mask recommendations for those with severe nearsightedness and (potentially) bifungle requirements?
I'm thinking underwater I can moderate my prescription a bit (don't know the formula off the top of my head, but sure I can find it) which will help a tad. Biggest concern is field of view - flat masks near to the eye have reasonable field of view, but adding optical correction for nearsightedness decreases that drastically. I really did find the HO was a HUGE difference in seeing a dive site vs. a dive site with blinders on. I know FOV "doesn't matter" when looking thru a viewfinder (or at a tiny screen on the back of your camera), but it makes a big difference in overall situational awareness (thus perceived safety, buddy tracking, etc) and in spotting things to shoot in the first place!!
Suggestions welcome, meanwhile gonna re-read this thread from the beginning and start making a list of masks to test out next trip to ScubaToys.....