Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Kenko 1.4X Teleplus Pro 300 DG and Canon EF-S 60mm macro

Started by frisco ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

Kenko 1.4X Teleplus Pro 300 DG and Canon EF-S 60mm macro

12 posts
  1. Does anyone know if the Kenko 1.4X teleplus Pro 300 DG is compatible with the Canon AF-S 60mm macro lens ???

     

    Thank you very much in advance ....... Francesco

  2. I can not say with 100% certainly, but I would be very surprised if it was compatible. I have not heard of anyone besides canon who makes anything for the EFs mount.

     

    However if you place the Newest version of the a Canon Branded extension tube between the lens and the teleconverter it will work. The downside is that you will loose the ability to focus to inifinty.

  3. I can not say with 100% certainly, but I would be very surprised if it was compatible. I have not heard of anyone besides canon who makes anything for the EFs mount.

     

    However if you place the Newest version of the a Canon Branded extension tube between the lens and the teleconverter it will work. The downside is that you will loose the ability to focus to inifinty.

     

    Just double checked as I have both, and it isnt, you would need an extension tube, as previously stated.

     

    Otara

  4. Does anyone know if the Kenko 1.4X teleplus Pro 300 DG is compatible with the Canon AF-S 60mm macro lens ???

     

    Thank you very much in advance ....... Francesco

    There are no (AFAIK) teleconverters that can mate with any Canon EFS lens. You need an extension tube. This particular configuration for certain doesn't work.

    Bill

  5. Hence the beauty of the new Tamron 60mm macro. Mine has just arrived and I am very thrilled with it. You can add the 1.4 Teleconverter and hence it is usuable on cropped and full frame Canons, unlike the EFS 60mm nacro. Better image quality and several other advantages too. ;)

  6. There is another thread on this question Canon 40D + Canon 60mm EF-S + teleconverter?. However I am still not 100% sure what port length you need with 1.4 TC Pro and the canon 12mm extension ring. Anybody using this set up on an Ikelite system ?. The Tamron looks nice, but I probably wouldn't trade in my Canon 60mm yet. The new Canon 100mm with IS looks realy cool but it is heavy and expensive especialy if you already have a 60mm Macro. Have to wait for my next flood before I can justify the upgrade....

  7. Hence the beauty of the new Tamron 60mm macro. Mine has just arrived and I am very thrilled with it. You can add the 1.4 Teleconverter and hence it is usuable on cropped and full frame Canons, unlike the EFS 60mm nacro. Better image quality and several other advantages too. ;)

    Not sure what the other advantages are, hard to say on the IQ, I like the Canon a bit more at least for flowers, underwater hard to tell apart. The Tamron focuses a bit slower and lots noisier which is occasionally a bit of a pain. But it does indeed work with the 1.4 on the 5D and that is a big advantage

    Bill

  8. Does anyone know if the Kenko 1.4X teleplus Pro 300 DG is compatible with the Canon AF-S 60mm macro lens ???

     

    Thank you very much in advance ....... Francesco

     

     

    I use it on a Canon 40D and it works fine for me. Have taken some decent images with it(check my profile's pictures). To mount it on the 60mm, you need a Canon EF 12 Extension tube. I also use the 1.4X with my 28-135mm for topside and it makes pictures look sharper(also focus closer).

     

    The next best thing would be to go with Canon 100mm, but on my Sea & Sea housing I'd need a different port, so I chose the 60mm as a start. Also, make sure you get a nice focus light, so it can focus on low light situations.

     

    Thanks,

    Blueline

  9. I use it on a Canon 40D and it works fine for me. Have taken some decent images with it(check my profile's pictures). To mount it on the 60mm, you need a Canon EF 12 Extension tube. I also use the 1.4X with my 28-135mm for topside and it makes pictures look sharper(also focus closer).

     

    The next best thing would be to go with Canon 100mm, but on my Sea & Sea housing I'd need a different port, so I chose the 60mm as a start. Also, make sure you get a nice focus light, so it can focus on low light situations.

     

    Thanks,

    Blueline

    That is always an option but you lose infinity focus of course.

    Bill

  10. That is always an option but you lose infinity focus of course.

    Bill

     

    Yeah, that's true, but in most cases the 60mm is good for small subjects, not tiny...with the TC, at least you get greater than 1:1 magnification(60 x 1.4=84mm, not even 100mm though; that's why I said the 100mm would be a better choice, even though the 60mm is not that bad either. Good to have.

  11. Hi, I readed in a website that Teleconverter Keiko is not recomended to canon lens EFS, is true that?...I can use that configuration?......I have Canon 60 mm.

  12. Hi, I readed in a website that Teleconverter Keiko is not recomended to canon lens EFS, is true that?...I can use that configuration?......I have Canon 60 mm.

    It will not fit directly but will if you add a 12mm extension (canon EF12 II), you will loose focus at infinity as stated above.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.