Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Whos made the switch from PC to Mac?

Started by NWDiver ·

  • 83Posts
  • 83Replies

Read-only discussion

Whos made the switch from PC to Mac?

83 posts
  1.  I rely a great deal on photoshop.  I am thinking over moving over to MAC myself and would have to get used to the difference in shortcuts etc.  Are there any other major differences? 

  2.  I rely a great deal on photoshop.  I am thinking over moving over to MAC myself and would have to get used to the difference in shortcuts etc.  Are there any other major differences? 

    Many of the shortcuts are the same, but different. On a Mac, you generally use the Command key rather than the control key.

     

    CMD-C = Copy

    CMD-V = Paste

    CMD-X = Cut

     

    Apply the same theory to many of the commonly-used PS shortcuts, as well. It'll take a little time to get used to it, but you will. I didn't have that much trouble, nor have most others I've known.

  3. Dave, I was configuring a Dell for my gf (who wants Windoze), thinking it was much cheaper. The equivalent Inspiron 15 wasn't $1k less. More like $5-600 and you get less resolution on the monitor(1440x960 vs 1368x768) and less RAM expansion (8 vs 4GB). I could list the equivalents but I don't think the difference is as big as you say. Now add the sleek alu body (I dislike the plastic stuff) and OS X, I think it's worthwhile but that's very subjective. I ended up giving her my MacBook Pro to run Windoze 7 64bit in Bootcamp and bought another one (not the unibody with mini-DVI, fixed battery and NO express new ones which feel like a retrograde!).

     

    Drew,

    You have just about convinced me. Please send me $500 (since I am going to spend at least that much more than I had planned on) ;-)

     

    Dave

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.