Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Rebel, rebel...

Started by herbko ·

  • 25Posts
  • 25Replies

Read-only discussion

Rebel, rebel...

25 posts
  1. An AE/AF lock button is also really nice. Canon calls that the * button.

     

    Cheers

    James

    I lumped all the permutations in "focus control" since that means different things to different people. Good point, though. Nexus D100 does not have this.

  2. Nexus D100 does not have this.

     

    Maybe it is labeled as the AF-Hold lever? I'd be surpresed for it to be left off...

  3. I'm surprised, too, but they did leave it off. I suppose they view their users as primarily manual focus but I'm only speculating. Since that's what I've done it's been OK.

  4. Herb...How do you like the Rebel. I decided to buy one this week. Unfortunatly it is on back order :D Just wanted to know you thoughts about it.

  5. I really haven't had much time to do much with it, and I don't have another SLR to compare it with, digital or otherwise. Compared to the Oly 5050.

     

    Positive:

    -Very fast autofocus and almost no shutter lag.

    -Enough memory buffer to fire off 4 -5 shots at the rate of around 1 per second in raw mode.

    -Quick display of shots for review for a programmable length of time.

     

    Negative:

    -The plastic does seem cheap and the hand grip includes the memory card door which creeks and shifts a little. Since I'll probably end up taking 95% of my shots underwater, this is not a big deal.

    -Can't display histogram on top of the pic for review, so I'm force into a choice of a big image or a small image with the histogram.

     

    I really bought this for better image quality especially under tough lighting conditions, but I haven't had time to put it to test.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.