DEAR ALL,
I JUST FLOOD MY 5D MK2 Yesterday during my first dive in similans.
I've use Nexus from 1996 from nexus f90 to master ,D70 and D200 in Digital era and never been lost any camera .
This October Canon Thailand ask me to represent Canon and switch me from Nikon to canon 5D mk 2
So i bought Nexus 5D MK 2 for my Canon.
I got almost every port in M5 but I don't know why Nexus change from M5 to M6 (only for some stupid bigger lens )
I check in their official website that adapter from M6 to M5 cannot use with Big dome port like FP230-5 FP170-5 AND FP160-5
But on the second remark they said that for NF15-5 (small dome that use with sigma 15mm can use with this adapter but can not
put Dome shade in.
So I have done the most stupid thing in my life I put my 5D MK2 in Nexus housing with M6-M5 Adapter and put NF15-5 Dome port on without Dome shade.
It's seem to be OK in first 20 meters but when I see a small droplet on back of housing I try to get back to surface immediately after a few seconds from first droplet on the way back to surface seawater trap in my Nexus 5D MK2 i see that flash pop out and then monitor black out and soon water trap in side my 5d mk 2 .
these all happen in just a few seconds . I've been minor leak a fews time in my F90 and D200 housing but this time is totally flood
and I lost my 4000 USD camera before I can reach surface .
I sending my camera to Canon and I think it can not fix and it's not canon fault at all.
i think it's my fault because i'm not check housing before put camera inside but most of minor leak is not flood and I never lost any camera so I didn't test
but I think Nexus should be wrong to put fault information in their official website too. (you can check in www.anthis.co.jp)