Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Supermacro tips?

Started by james ·

  • 22Posts
  • 22Replies

Read-only discussion

Supermacro tips?

22 posts
  1. I will be on Guam (my second home) next week,where my new Aquatica S2 housing awaits. If my custom adaptor arrives in time I may put the S2 through some macro test and try to "push the outer edge of the envelope". hehehe, If not may be limited to about 4:1.

     

    I already have 3 pounds of weight strapped to the port to balance it, Boat crews hate me! Hopefully I won't need to invest in a portable hoist when I put the 200 to use.

     

    Next item on the shopping list is a 12 - 24mm, as soon as Aquatica comes up with a special extension ring for that lens.

     

    Good luck in Indo! Look forward to seeing some pics

     

    Chris

  2. Hi guys, here's my first attempt at super macro w/ the 105 +2xTC

     

    DSCF0194.jpg

     

    As I said in the other thread, I only had one strobe working for this shot, so I upped my ISO to 200 to get an extra stop. I was able to get this exposure at f16 and the subject is on a relatively flat surface, so it worked ok. Things to work on next time are composition and harsh shadows. It looks like I had plenty of DOF for the shot though.

     

    Cheers

    James

    Edited by james
Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.