Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

A "universal" DSLR housing??? Heard of this company?

Started by NWDiver ·

  • 27Posts
  • 27Replies

Read-only discussion

A "universal" DSLR housing??? Heard of this company?

27 posts
  1. Hi Easydive sell only direct in all the World, and this the probem because many customer do not know well this brand.

    we suggest to see this link and also the video!
    All the customer talk direct with Easydive, for any question.

    http://www.easydive.it/en/-custodia-leo-3/351-leo3-wi.html

    For any question hi suggest to contact direct Easydive and ask to Fabio, the Owner.


    Hi Easydive sell only direct in all the World, and this the probem because many customer do not know well this brand.

    we suggest to see this link and also the video!
    All the customer talk direct with Easydive, for any question.

    http://www.easydive.it/en/-custodia-leo-3/351-leo3-wi.html

    For any question hi suggest to contact direct Easydive and ask to Fabio, the Owner.

  2. Yeah, users are extremely difficult to find... A google search on the uwphotographers.net website, where 100+ photographers are present, coughs up 7 hits.

    Not bad, for a new brand with a new concept and here I see some nice results that work can be done with the LEO...

  3. I can understand that receiving comments or reviews from unknown and new users seems suspicious :-) but I suppose that the reason why me and other

    uw photographers from Italy are writing is that this kind of housing is not well known except Italy and Europe

     

    My intention was only to provide proper informations about this kind of housing , nobody is saying that is better than mechanical ones , simply it is different.

    The producer is not a person building some stuff in the cellar after his regular job , but a company with 15 years of experience in underwater equipment .

     

    I only write as a satisfied customer , not being commercially involved with the producer .

     

    Anyway I am sorry for the misunderstanding , was not my intention to burst on here without proper explanations......

     

    All the best !

  4. I can understand that receiving comments or reviews from unknown and new users seems suspicious :-) but I suppose that the reason why me and other

    uw photographers from Italy are writing is that this kind of housing is not well known except Italy and Europe

     

    My intention was only to provide proper informations about this kind of housing , nobody is saying that is better than mechanical ones , simply it is different.

    The producer is not a person building some stuff in the cellar after his regular job , but a company with 15 years of experience in underwater equipment .

     

    I only write as a satisfied customer , not being commercially involved with the producer .

     

    Anyway I am sorry for the misunderstanding , was not my intention to burst on here without proper explanations......

     

    All the best !

     

    They operate (as of now) only from Italy, don't seem to have sales partners in other countries, that explains the slim market penetration. Actually I fully understand overseas buyers to hold back: to keep the warranty alive, one has to send in the housing each year for maintenance. Even within the EU this is a considerable cost and time, sitting in the old continent I don't want to know how much that cost from the US...

  5. My dive buddy and cameraman uses now for several years the EasyDive monitor.

    Fabio the owner of EasyDive is a very competent and gentle person standing fully behind his products and will find any solution to adapt EasyDive gear to your rig.

    EasyDive not only produces housings, they have also a broad choice of special tools and gears and all is reasonable and fair priced.

     

    The LEO housings have a good success here in Italy and several professional photographers use them sucessfully!

     

    The only backdraw is that if a buyer is not located in Europe, warranty and servicing can be a pain due to high shipping costs.

     

    Chris

  6. One point regarding the monitor: I don't know if they also do custom housings, I am looking for a cost efficient solution for the Atomos Shogun/ninja assassin. If they can make their monitor housing a bit bigger...

  7.  

    I am looking for a cost efficient solution for the Atomos Shogun/ninja assassin. If they can make their monitor housing a bit bigger...

    I am thinking of building a housing for one of those 300-400$ monitors on the market as this would be that what i need.

    To keep it simple, just a watertight box with a fisher connector to attach the HDMI output of either my LX100 or my D800 to see the screen bigger.

    I will loose focus peaking, zebrathingies, etc, but in this moment i don't really need that and i am not willing to pay approx 2500$+ for a housing with monitor.

     

    It is my believe that i could have this build out of a block of Delrin and a thick "ikelite style" Plexiglass or acrylic cover would cost considerable less than a

    monitor housing of a known manufacturer.

     

    Unfortunately i live in 2 beautiful places where milling machines are rather difficult to find ...

     

    Chris

     

    P.S. a "obscene" idea would be to have the housing printed ny a 3D printer and just mill the plexiglass cover.

    Edited by ChrigelKarrer
Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.