Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Housing straps...

Started by Kublah ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Housing straps...

8 posts
  1. I purchased one of these Op/Tech water proof straps for my housing based on someone's suggestion on the forums here. I can't figure out how to attach it to my housing. It is made to attach to a regular camera loops, so I am left to McGeyver something. How are you guys attaching the neck strap to the housing? I was thinking of just using a couple of light carabiners... attaching the strap to the biners and then hooking those around the base of my housing grips? Anyone have a better idea? TIA for your help.

     

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/3963...rap_Black_.html

  2. What housing? If you can unscrew the handles from the tray, you can probably find split-rings that are appropriately-sized to clip below the handles. Or, if you're talking something like Ikelite, can't you do the 'larks head' strap knot around the neck of the ball head on the handle? Then the strobe arms keep the loop from slipping off the handle. That' analogous to what I do here with clips:

     

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/rtrski/3887849633/

     

    There's also a couple other threads linked in this post which might help give you ideas:

     

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34008

    Edited by rtrski
  3. Just a quick update. I ended up ordering some carabiners and they worked perfectly. I attached my strap to the crabiners and then unscrewed the bolt at the bottom of each handle and slid the carabiner up, then screwed the bolt back on. There is no way for the carabiner to open up, and everything is securely attached. I'll try to take some pics later and post.

  4. sloved? i do no tknw

  5. I run two seperate pieces of 3/8 bungy cord through the hole in the handle of my Aquatica 200 housing. I tie the ends, each one seperatly ,then I tie aloop in the other end with both bungy cords and put a small carabiner through it. I can Hook it too a nylon wrist sling and I carry two short john lines to hook it to my bc and to a small lift bag while on the surface waiting for a ride.

  6. I run two seperate pieces of 3/8 bungy cord through the hole in the handle of my Aquatica 200 housing. I tie the ends, each one seperatly ,then I tie aloop in the other end with both bungy cords and put a small carabiner through it. I can Hook it too a nylon wrist sling and I carry two short john lines to hook it to my bc and to a small lift bag while on the surface waiting for a ride.

     

    Pics?

  7. I'll do that when it gets back from New Hampshire.

  8. I'll do that when it gets back from New Hampshire.

     

    Awesome. Thanks.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.