Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam D300s WOW

Started by Chriso ·

  • 31Posts
  • 31Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam D300s WOW

31 posts
  1. You might not want to hear this suggestion but...sell the Nikon and by the Tokina. Very little if no difference and then you have more range. I can definitely say it works well with the SX extension and Optical Dome port. It's going to be cheaper to do that than to buy another dome, probably almost a wash.

     

    Jack

  2. Thanks Jack

    Your right there is no way I am going to sell a Nikon lens and replace it with a Tokina ;)

    Looking at putting an order in for an 8" Zen for the 10.5mm

     

    The Sea&Sea 6" will work nicely with an extension ring for the Nikon 10-24mm. Can also still use it on the Sea&Sea D80 rig.

    Edited by Chriso
  3. The Tokina is *the* standard wide-angle lens for underwater photographers these days (for crop sensor). It would be the lens I would own if I could only choose one.

  4. The Tokina is *the* standard wide-angle lens for underwater photographers these days (for crop sensor). It would be the lens I would own if I could only choose one.

    Thanks Eric

    have a Nikon 10-24 on order so not really in the market for a Tokina.

     

    Anyway the whole point of this thread is I love the housing, it is a stunning but of kit.

    It's in no way Nauticams fault that this port does not fit, it is the only Sea&Sea port that does not allow you to swap out the mounting bracket to attach directly to the housing.

     

    Cheers

    Chriso

    Edited by Chriso
  5. Chris, sell it all and buy Canon!

  6. Chris, sell it all and buy Canon!

     

    Ryan, your a goose !!

  7. Thanks Eric

    have a Nikon 10-24 on order so not really in the market for a Tokina.

    I was just responding to "Your right there is no way I am going to sell a Nikon lens and replace it with a Tokina," which I would normally support, except in this case where the Tokina is probably a better choice!

     

    You are right, though -- this is rather off topic, and we can get back to discussing the housing. ;)

  8. Ryan, your a goose !!

     

    Translated in to Australian

     

    Ryan ,

    Don't be so silly

     

    :)

  9. Translated in to Australian

     

    Ryan ,

    Don't be so silly

     

    :)

     

    Hang on Pete if it's a translation in to Australian wouldn't it be "Ryan yer a Flamin' Galah!" :P

     

     

    Cheers,

    Jim.

  10. Actually, I'd say Chris was censoring himself for wetpixel. I have a fairly good idea what he really meant :)

  11. If my housing isn't ready for pickup when I arrive in Cairns on the 30th then I will be saying a lot worse things :)

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.