Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Kinko X1.4 extender and Tokina 10-17 on a Canon 7D

Started by Dixter ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Kinko X1.4 extender and Tokina 10-17 on a Canon 7D

4 posts
  1. Can you put a Kinko X1.4 extender and Tokina 10-17 on a Canon 7D ??? and if so, which one of the Kinko??

    and what kind of picture should you expect....

     

    thanks

  2. Can you put a Kinko X1.4 extender and Tokina 10-17 on a Canon 7D ???
    Yes

     

    and if so, which one of the Kinko??
    I use a Kenko 1.4x teleplus pro 300

     

    and what kind of picture should you expect....
    Have a look at the shots I posted in this thread
  3. Thanks for the reply... for some reason I was under the impression that most folks using the extender with the Tokina 10-17 were

    using full frame camera's... didn't realize you can use the lens with a cropped camera and extend it also....

     

    Pics look great...

  4. Yes

     

    I use a Kenko 1.4x teleplus pro 300

     

    Have a look at the shots I posted in this thread

     

    Has anybody here used the new upgraded (7 elements in 4 groups) Kenko 1.4x pro300 DGX for Canon?

     

    The older 300Pro DG, which has 5 elements in groups of 4 design have been listed at B&H as discontinued and the new version is on backorder (I was told today to check back in a week).

     

    Just curious if the new version will still work on a Tok FE10-17, of if the additional elements (7 versus 5) will protrude as the Canon 1.4 xtndr (which will not work with the Tok, due to its extended lens element)?

     

    Prefer not to have to exchange it for the more expensive Sigma, if Kenko pro300DGX does not work.

     

    Bo

    Edited by fotoscubo714
Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.