Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

backscatter ?

Started by scuba-s ·

  • 26Posts
  • 26Replies

Read-only discussion

backscatter ?

26 posts
  1. i am looking at buying gear from the internet site called backscatter and want to know if it is legit site,and if they give good after sales service i would like to hear from anyone who have used them in the past

    steve:-)

    Edited by Alex_Mustard
  2. I Steve, i'll vouch for them, they are one of our dealers and all I get from people I refer them to is praise, they have a good solid and knowledgeable team. If there is a place you should not worry about doing business with, its them.

  3. i am looking at buying gear from the internet site called backscatter and want to know if it is legit site,and if they give good after sales service i would like to hear from anyone who have used them in the past

    steve:-)

     

     

    Not sure if you hit a bad link or typed a URL a little off or not (I have done that in the past going to sites I knew and they looked different and realized some site trying to grab people) but backscatter.com (which also is linked over on the banners/sponsors site over there-->) and I have bought things from them alot through the years. From a purchaser/consumer side of things (meaning me) Jean is dead on with what he said.

  4. If you're asking about this outfit http://www.backscatter.com/ it just doesn't get any better. Berkley White the owner, is a stand up guy who is well connected throughout the underwater community. Backscatter teams up with Wetpixel to do the Digital Shoot outs and is well respected. The crew there is one of the best in the business and shoots the equipment they sell so they can answer your questions. They do the service now in house so if you need help or have a problem they can take care of it.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

  5. I just bought my new Aquatica Housing from them, very knowledgeable, very friendly service. They're on the up and up.

     

    S.

  6. Steve,

     

    Let me know if I can be of any help with your order. Feel free to PM me with any questions you might have. We're here to help!

     

    Best regards,

     

    Sterling

  7. I have bought most of my gear from them over the last 12 years, and they are great. They are very helpful and a nice group of people.

     

    Mike

  8. thanks everyone looks like a very reputable company had to ask can"t be to carefull these days

    steve:-)

  9. Steve,

    Check payment options...Damien and myself both wanted Aquatica housing a few years ago, a guy at Backscatter called Dave was really awesome with pre-sales, but when it came to ordering they wouldn't take a credit card (from non-US), wanted payment by some method from the dark ages, but we wanted to use CC for rewards/insurance reasons...not happy giving the order away after Dave's great service but he was understanding.

    Hope Backscatter are now operating in this century.

    Also, if there is an Aussie distie, give them a go, tell them the US price, if they can match it great, if not, their loss.

    Aengus

    Edited by AengusM
  10. I bought all of my equipment at www.Backscatter.com since The Nikonos V . Nikon D100, D2, D300 and D700 with Subal and Aquatica housings. Berkley's crew is awesome. Lifetime support!!

    Berk, Do I get a discount on my next rig? :beer:

  11. DITTO!

  12. i am looking at buying gear from the internet site called backscatter and want to know if it is legit site,and if they give good after sales service i would like to hear from anyone who have used them in the past

    steve:-)

     

    I recently purchased a new rig from Backscatter, good advice from staff. Being a international customer the purchase and delivery went very well.

  13. Steve,

    Check payment options...Damien and myself both wanted Aquatica housing a few years ago, a guy at Backscatter called Dave was really awesome with pre-sales, but when it came to ordering they wouldn't take a credit card (from non-US), wanted payment by some method from the dark ages, but we wanted to use CC for rewards/insurance reasons...not happy giving the order away after Dave's great service but he was understanding.

    Hope Backscatter are now operating in this century.

    Also, if there is an Aussie distie, give them a go, tell them the US price, if they can match it great, if not, their loss.

    Aengus

     

    Hi Aengus,

     

    Thank you for your kind words regarding the service you received from our staff.

     

    In the past due to being burned on a number of international credit card fraud orders we instituted a policy of requiring first time customers to pay by a bank wire transfer.

     

    Since then we do accept international credit card orders from most countries. For countries that have high instances of fraud (i.e., Nigeria) we still require bank wire transfers.

     

    I hope this clears up any confusion regarding our international credit card policy.

     

    Best regards,

     

    Jim

  14. I have just ordered my first housing from them, and the service from Rusty was so far very good. The card of credit was allowed, now I just have to pay for it :D And hope it arrives :lol:

  15. I've dealt with Backscatter for some major purchases. Dave is great, handled everything quickly, and shipped the stuff right out to an APO address in Afghanistan. Excellent place to do business with.

     

    Wendy

  16. Excelent company. And Dave and Marshall do a greit and professional job. They resolved some issues i had with my equipment in a very eficient way. You can trust them, i do.

  17. Visiting Backscatter is like going to a candy store. Great service. They're also a Wetpixel supporter.

  18. I just talked to them in california and I wont say who I spoke to but they acted like they didnt have time to talk to me. Not sure if he was having a bad day or what but it didnt sit well with me.

  19. I just talked to them in california and I wont say who I spoke to but they acted like they didnt have time to talk to me. Not sure if he was having a bad day or what but it didnt sit well with me.

     

    Interesting.... I have used them for years, great people. Talked to them yesterday, looking for some older o-rings, nothing special and they were very helpful. They didn't have them but directed me to a place where i could get them.

     

    Thank-you Backscatter for being around so long and being the great people that you guys/gals are.

  20. I just talked to them in california and I wont say who I spoke to but they acted like they didnt have time to talk to me. Not sure if he was having a bad day or what but it didnt sit well with me.

     

    Backscatter and Reef both do a great job! :lol:

     

    I have had my share of frustrations with both, but after visiting one of the shops I realize how busy they are returning lame ass questions via e-mail and phone from amateurs like myself....Most would rather be diving and shooting! Give them some credit.

     

    My two cents.

     

    Mike

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.