Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Lightroom 3 Available for purchase

Started by Steve Williams ·

  • 32Posts
  • 32Replies

Read-only discussion

Lightroom 3 Available for purchase

32 posts
  1. Wouldn't be without it but I'm finding LR3 a bit buggy on windows particularly in the library module.

     

    Anyone else getting issues.

  2. I'm running Windows 7 and haven't seen a problem yet. I usually keep an eye on the Lightroom forum but for once I haven't had any issues.

     

    Steve

  3. Just to echo Steve-

     

    Windows 7 64 bit-no problem at all.

     

    Faster than v2 and I really like all the new features.

     

    Adam

  4. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Edition on a Lenovo T61 notebook.

    No problems at all and also like the new funtions, especially the noise reduction

     

    Chris

  5. Wouldn't be without it but I'm finding LR3 a bit buggy on windows particularly in the library module.

     

    Anyone else getting issues.

     

    Not sure if this is the right place to post this question but it is related to Lightroom.

     

    Does anyone know of any technique (or point me to links) on how to remove large quantities of backscatter in Lightroom, in a similar way to Photoshop CS#? I believe there's a technique in Photoshop where you can darken the background and paint/eliminate backscatter(there's a video about it in YouTube). Given Photoshop is too pricey, I'd rather switch to Lightroom ( I have used Picasa for a while but I cannot figure out how to remove backscatter in an easier way, other than one bubble at a time).

     

    I usually try to shoot with a red filter for wide angle and works well, but need something to fix pictures taken in "deeper water" with strobe light.

     

     

    Thanks in advance,

     

    Dimitri

  6. Under Filters:Noise:Dust & Scratches you can apply a filter that will help. But it works as a blur really. What I have done is to develop a mask or two and then apply it and re-sharpen.

     

    Jack

  7. Under Filters:Noise:Dust & Scratches you can apply a filter that will help. But it works as a blur really. What I have done is to develop a mask or two and then apply it and re-sharpen.

     

    Jack

     

    I tried that out in ImageReady CS3 (an older version i still have) but gave up after a while. Probably doesn't have the same features as photoshop. Tried step by step per the YouTube video I found. I'll get Lightroom and see what I can do..

     

    Thanks.

  8. I upgraded from LR2.6 to LR3, very easy indeed Steve. I really like the lens correction tool. It's great for correcting the barrel distortion that comes with the Tokina 10-17FE. I like the noise reduction, too.

    There is one thing I would like your comments on: it does seem to be far slower than LR2. The spot removal tool is becoming a pain to use. I'm on a 27.5 inch iMac (3.06 GHz). Anyone had a similar issue? Could it have something to do with the fact that upon importing my existing LR2 catalogs into LR3, it makes copies. Should I toss away the LR2 catalogs now?

    --Rob

    Edited by rumblefish
  9. There is one thing I would like your comments on: it does seem to be far slower than LR2.

     

    Hi Rob,

    A quick check on the Adobe forums shows some folks having speed issues with new Mac machines;

    http://forums.adobe.com/message/3007873

     

    I don't have any issues with my desk top PC but I noticed that my old laptop that I used on the boat last week was slower than 2.7, I'm guessing that it's the usual .0 software version issues. I found that if I optimised my catalog it helped speed things along. I think I'd do a little more research before I deleted the 2.x catalogs. I'm running one catalog so all my images were translated to a 3.0 catalog when I loaded up the new version.

     

    Cheers,

    Steve

  10. hmm, I'm not sure if I find this thread reassuring. But thank you anyway Steve.

    I trust you had a good trip?

     

    I think I will give LR3 some time to see how it behaves with photos I import directly into this version, instead of working with the ones I already had in LR2. I did optimize the catalogs.

     

    Best regards,

    --Rob

  11. I did the upgrade from 2.4 to 3.0 (Windows 7) last night and it had no trouble converting my catalog (thank goodness). I sure hope this version is faster at generating 1:1 previews!

     

    Cheers

    James

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.