Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Split views--droplets on the above

Started by dave-o ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Split views--droplets on the above

8 posts
  1. I've been trying some split-views lately and am having a problem with water droplets staying on the "above" half of the dome. Is there a secret to keeping them off?

     

    Thanks

  2. I've been trying some split-views lately and am having a problem with water droplets staying on the "above" half of the dome. Is there a secret to keeping them off?

     

    Thanks

     

    Recommend you do a WP search here, since it has been discussed in various forms (like this one). I remember discussions about dome licking and spit. Got a little TMI for me :notworthy:

     

    Bo

    Edited by fotoscubo714
  3. I've been trying some split-views lately and am having a problem with water droplets staying on the "above" half of the dome. Is there a secret to keeping them off?

     

    Thanks

    If your dome is glass, RainX works quite well but is not recommended (and that is a true non-recommendation) for plastic domes. For plastic you might try defog of your choice or maybe an incantation or two (which anecdotally at least works occaisionally). A really clean dome is key; if there are no condensation points for a drop to form you will have lots less trouble.

    Bill

  4. Spit always works or sometimes baby shampoo

  5. Spit always works or sometimes baby shampoo

     

    Tho' shampoo's not exactly environmentally friendly...

     

    Tim

     

    :notworthy:

  6. Tho' shampoo's not exactly environmentally friendly...

     

    Compared to all of the other stuff that is regularly flushed down the bog and out to sea it is Tim....

     

     

    Paul C

  7. I'm guessing you have a glass dome port, as according to your profile, you are using a Subal housing with an 8" dome port. If that's the case, Rain-X will work very well. Like another poster said, though, don't use it on an acrylic port. I like the individual use packages of Rain-X that I get in any auto parts store. They are especially good if you're traveling and don't want to carry a bottle of the stuff in your luggage.

     

    Hope that helps,

     

    Ellen

  8. Going to have to try it out. Thanks for the tips!

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.