Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Video Monitor for Polecam

Started by psouders ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Video Monitor for Polecam

2 posts
  1. I've been using a polecam with my Seacam housing, as well as an SPL surf housing for some work in Alaska. It's all very spray and pray. I was wondering if anyone has advice on mounting a small video camera alongside the housing, with a video out cable to the surface and small lcd monitor on the surface. I know there would be parallax issues, but at least I'd have a vague notion what I was pointed out.

     

    Any thoughts?

     

    Thanks,

    Paul Souders

    www.worldfoto.com

  2. I've been using a polecam with my Seacam housing, as well as an SPL surf housing for some work in Alaska. It's all very spray and pray. I was wondering if anyone has advice on mounting a small video camera alongside the housing, with a video out cable to the surface and small lcd monitor on the surface. I know there would be parallax issues, but at least I'd have a vague notion what I was pointed out.

     

    Any thoughts?

     

    Thanks,

    Paul Souders

    www.worldfoto.com

     

    Hi Paul - Long time since Santa Fe Workshop. Hope all is well.

     

    Are you aware of this? http://seacam.com/en/products/remote-system/system

     

    Seacam already has a solution to the very problem you describe. I use it mostly for great white sharks or competitive swimming, things where I can't necessarily be in the water but need to see what I am shooting. E-mail me privately for more details.

     

    Another link of relevance:

     

    http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showt...&hl=polecam

     

    post-630-1281236246.jpg

    Edited by Drew
Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.